Ringtones and Ringbacks
LT55

I went to Verizonwireless.com, logged in, bought a ringtone and a ringback tone, completed the purchase and got a window saying I'd get a "picture message" for each one and what to do from there.  I did NOT get picture messages. I got two text messages congratulating me on the purchase and each had a "play" arrow to press.  I did and both the tones were identical - - I did not choose the same tone for both functions!!  And there was no "options" menu of any kind to set the tones - nothing.  The tones just played, ended, and that was that.  I called my phone and it still using the Verizon defaults for ringtone and ringback!!!!  I don't think I did anything wrong and now I'm out the money because I can't make it work!!!!:smileymad:

0 Likes
Re: Ringtones and Ringbacks
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK--take it easy!  The procedure for ringtones and ringbacks is different, and you will not hear the ringback tone on your phone.

For RINGTONES:  When it's playing, there should be a right soft key (or something similar - I don't have a Droid so I'm not sure exactly how it's set up) that will give you options....Lock, Delete, Save....one of them should be to save as a sound or save as a ringtone.  Try looking int he owner's manual for directions to save pictures and sounds sent to you through text.

For RINGBACK TONES:  You need to log in to your MyVerizon account, and on the Overview page, about in the middle, is a section called Featurews and Downloads - hover your mouse over the Ringback Tones icon, and a popup will give you options to Explore | Manage  - click that and you can then choose the Ringback tone your callers will hear, and several other options.

You aren't out the money--just take a little more time to learn how to make it work.  Post back if you still have problems, and tell us what you have tried that hasn't worked so we can better assist you.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

SuzyQ wrote:

For RINGTONES:  When it's playing, there should be a right soft key (or something similar - I don't have a Droid so I'm not sure exactly how it's set up) that will give you options....Lock, Delete, Save....one of them should be to save as a sound or save as a ringtone.  Try looking int he owner's manual for directions to save pictures and sounds sent to you through text.

Time to brush up on your android skills Suzy. :smileywink:The person should download the free called Save MMS. You can save audio clips from text messages. Then use it for a ringtone if you wish to do that.

0 Likes
Chamar

I do have a Droid and to make a purchased song play as a ringtone, you just play the song from the Droid music icon. While the song is playing. click on "menu" icon located below the screen. Once the menu window opens, there is a place to select that says "Use as ringtone".  I hope this helps.

0 Likes