EnV Touch Update
KlineAJ

Hello everyone I have an update awarness note for you.

The following software has been released VX11KV08, however it has been pulled from the LG Mobile Updater. Reasons for it being pulled may have been because of some phones being "bricked" by it. However the release came with a new browser called Polaris 7 that gives the Touch many new application uses. It is expected that LG will provide further work on the update and call it VX11KV09*, within two weeks of the LG release Verizon stores should begin to carry the software files to update your Touch. I would like to remind all Touch users that updating your phone is very important as it clears away bugs that may be causing you problems and or provides further security for your phone. Do not update the phone yourself unless you are familiar with the software format. Take it into a Verizon store to have it professionally done. This update may also have bug patches such as fixing when your phone restarts itself or etc.

Please stay tuned for further notifications on this software release.

* VX11KV09 software name  is not officially announced by LG or Verizon.

1) This update may be made available within a month, however this may not be the case.

2) Do not bother Verizon asking for this update as they themselves have not been notified of its release.

3)Polaris 7 Browser is different from the Obigio Browser installed on software versions VX11KV07 and below. it is more advanced and set for a Touch device.

4)The "newest officially supported" version software is VX11KV07.

5)Software used to update the phone is the LGMobile Software Update program.

6)Verizon stores use a program called LGNPST which is set up for them to have more direct access to the files. (DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THIS SOFTWARE)

7)More features are probably involved with this software but have not yet been featured or released.

Any questions feel free to reply to this post.

A video of the new software in place on a LG EnV Touch 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cchc3cdC0IM&feature=player_embedded

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: EnV Touch Update
KlineAJ

Any questions on this update? Other software the LG EnV Touch uses?

0 Likes
marchhare

Thanks for this information.  When I got the 05 update in the Verizon store, I lost my calendar appointments.  I have not gotten the 07 because of that experience.

Is it typical for an update to lose data? I don't use the internet on my Touch so I don't know if I'll risk getting the update since I don't need a different browser.

Another question I have asked on several forums.  Is there a fix for the disappearing Notes when you use the QWERTY entry?

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
KlineAJ

Q:Is it typical for an update to lose data? I don't use the internet on my Touch so I don't know if I'll risk getting the update since I don't need a different browser.

A: It does always happen in an update but it can such as in your case. If you have Microsoft outlook you can sync your calendar so you wont loose that information. It is still advisable to update your phone as it may fix other problems with the phone.

Q:Another question I have asked on several forums.  Is there a fix for the disappearing Notes when you use the QWERTY entry?

A: It may be released in an update to fix that issue and I do believe it was resolved with the 07 update however I may be wrong. It never hurts to update and find out.

0 Likes
MANNY921
This is cool
0 Likes
KlineAJ

It is cool, we are just waiting for the new version to be released to Verizon.

0 Likes
tim600sl
Contributor - Level 3

Will this update trigger data plan? I bought Env Touch for my wife before the mandatory data plan requirement, if I update her phone, will I need to add a data plan?

0 Likes
KlineAJ

Q: Will this update trigger data plan? I bought Env Touch for my wife before the mandatory data plan requirement, if I update her phone, will I need to add a data plan?

A: No, this will in no way have an effect on your plan. This is a update for the phone itself it does not affect the Network.

0 Likes
bmar99

Can you let us know when 08 is avaiable.

Thnaks

0 Likes
KlineAJ

Version 8 was released to stores today, however they may not have the software on their computers systems yet to download onto the phone, it wont be untill 1-2 weeks for all Verizon stores to be fully aware of the program update. Check in with your local store today to see if they have it in!

0 Likes