UMW190 global USB Modem and WiFi
azgopher

can the UMW190 USB Modem be used to connect to my home WiFi network so I do not need to use the 3G network while I am at home?

0 Likes
Re: UMW190 global USB Modem and WiFi
Not applicable

I'm not familiar with that modem, but I doubt it.  However, your computer probably has a built in internet adapter, so you should be able to connect to your network.  If not, go to WalMart and purchase a USB internet adapter to use.

0 Likes
Greg4Wireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

The UWM190 as I was told is just an upgraded model of the UM175.  BestBuy carries it now instead of the Pantech Um175.

Verizon Wireless UMW190 Global USB Modem (Verizon Wireless)

Description
The Verizon Wireless UMW190 Global Modem is a USB modem for your laptop that provides global access to the internet and corporate networks almost anywhere in the world. With support for multiple, international technology bands, all you need is a laptop with a Type A USB port and Windows 2000, XP or Vista. The Verizon Wireless UMW190 Global Modem will automatically connect to the best network available, or you can easily manage your connection using the included VZAccess Manager software. Also, the UMW190 Global Modem supports text messaging, and VPN and NDIS connections. The UMW190 Global Modem comes with a USB modem extension cable for added convenience while on the go.

Features
  • Access The Internet Almost Anywhere In The World With GlobalAccess Capability
  • Surf The Internet, Check Email, Access Corporate Networks - All Over Verizon's Cellular Network
  • VZAccess Manager For Easy Connection Management
  • Compatible with Windows 2000, XP and Vista
  • Automatically Connects To The Best Available Network
0 Likes
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

More than likely since the modem is already programmed to use the Verizon net work, it will not work using the wifi for your home WiFi network, unless your service with Verizon is turned off or if your somewhere where there is not a connection with the Verizon network.

0 Likes