Text messages that I didn't send are on my bill
Annettewalsh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I get a daily email from Verizon telling me how many evening text messages my son sends/receives.  Last night there were 79 picture messages after 1am and I KNOW he was sleeping.  Verizon Customer Service basically called him a liar and said he sent them and deleted them and were of no help.  Has this ever happened to anyone before where there are texts on your bill that you did not send?

Labels (1)
Re: Text messages that I didn't send are on my bill
rcschnoor
Legend

Were you in the room after 1AM when he was sleeping? I'm not sure how anyone could KNOW someone else was sleeping unless they were in the room watching them for a long period of time. Even when I look in on my children at night, I don't KNOW they are actually sleeping.

Were these messages to numbers who are actually contacts of your son?

Did you try texting those numbers from your son's phone saying you inadvertantly deleted the photo and could they resend it back to you? Of course, don't let your son know because if he actually DID send the texts he could warn the contacts.

Of course, if there are apps installed on your son's phone with the correct permissions, THOSE could be the origin of the sent texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to ensure accurate billing, Annettewalsh. When checking the records of the messages does he recognize the numbers? Were these all sent messages? What type of phone does he have?
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

FREMAR25
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you ever figure it out? Both my husband and I have a number showing in your text usage that we do not recognize. It shows us both as having sent, or received, pictures/videos, from these numbers (it's a different number for both of us) at all hours of the day and night. His started on the 29th of Jan, mine started on the 30th of Jan. None of these picture messages have shown up on our phones. Some times it's just one a day, sometimes it's three or four a day.
The only thing Verizon did was tell me that the number showing on my line is a computer generated number.

She said that anything showing in our usage had to be coming from our phones, and they must be being deleted from our phone history.  Ummm....if I'm deleting pictures from my phone to hide from my husband...why the HELL would I bring it to his attention???
I called the number showing on my husbands line. The man who answered said the number was a new number for him, as of this week. He didn't know either of us and didn't recognize our numbers, even though our usage says a photo was sent to him at 4:26 am this morning. He said he never got the photo.
When I called the number showing on my line, I got the message that says the wireless customer I'm calling is not available and to try again later.

Verizon recommended that I google the numbers. Lots of help there.

LGRAD01
Enthusiast - Level 3

On my account activity, it has picture/video messages going out to a google voice number 315-975-6250. They are at random times on various days. They are always exclusively listed as picture text send and respond. In the phone, there is no message of any kind to that number or from that number. It is my phone. I have exclusive access to it. It is passcoded. I am not sending anything. When you try to call the number Verizon it says cannot be completed as dialed. Does anyone know this number. Is it associated with an app that might be doing something in the background. Are there known apps that I can see if they are doing this. They are exclusively titled as picture/video. Not one regular message.

0 Likes
LGRAD01
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine stated 26 January

0 Likes
LGRAD01
Enthusiast - Level 3

FREMAR this post is 4 years old but I made one yesterday and support hasn't gotten to me yet. If you could add your comment to mine. just hoping.

0 Likes
FREMAR25
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would love to...but I'm not seeing your post anywhere.

LGRAD01
Enthusiast - Level 3

That blue part should be a link.

0 Likes
LGRAD01
Enthusiast - Level 3

message/1633802#1633802

0 Likes