How do you file a complain about a tower issue?
advcomp2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a local tower that sending the wrong time zone to phones that is set to auto set with the towers. It is happening with a number of Verizon based devices in this area. I am no where near a time zone change here in western Iowa. In my opinion, it could issues for truck loggers, and automatic based systems that uses Verizon towers for time sync, and people that does not know that this should not happen in this area. So I am trying to get this fixed, but Verizon seems like they don't care. I tried to report this tower to Verizon, but Verizon wants Verizon account to report it. Since I am on a Verizon MVNO, I can't report it. Verizon tells me contact my carrier for them to fix it, but my carrier said they can't do anything since they have no control over the towers or it's beyond their scope of support to fix this issue.

So I went into the local Verizon store, but it sounds like they did not know this was happening too. Then it sounds like they were not too worried too. So I don't know if they reported it or not.

Here is what is happening in this area, and it is example too. If you are driving down the road at about 4:20AM and you get to this area, your phone switches to 3:20AM. Then a few miles/minutes later, you are back to 4:30AM. So I went into troubleshooting mode. From what I see from my troubleshooting, this tower is sending out mountain time zone and not central time zone in western Iowa. I was using a number of family and friend's phones. It is only affecting Verizon based phones. It is happening with a Samsung Galaxy S9+, a Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro S727VL, a Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown S767VL, an Alcatel MyFlip A405DL, and even a Moto Z2 Force. It is even affecting phones that is not activated, too. All of these phones was set to automatic time, too.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do you file a complain about a tower issue?
bearone21
Legend

you may not be getting a signal from that tower & if you're in a remote area or close to a state line/border that may be with the time difference.

0 Likes
advcomp2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like I said, I am not near a time zone change. The closest time zone change is about 200 to 300 miles away unless the cell phone towers can transmit that far.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the zip code or cities or highways where is this occurring? I'm on the Nebraska side of Missouri River and there is a tower in an area where I drive past is changing my time on the phone by several hours if I don't keep the automatic date and time setting off. I don't believe I'm hitting an Iowa tower, but I could be wrong.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

GARLOG38

I work in Paragould ar. They had their tower mounted on top of the water tower. They took it down so the city could paint the tower. That has been completed over 2 months and the cell tower still isn't up. No one in the building where I work that has verizon has any service. The tower is still laying on the ground by the water tower. The phone plainly states "no service" ever since the first part of October. The guy at the office here is useless. Absolutely useless.

All I know to do is change carriers. It's evident they don't intend to repair their garbage.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
advcomp2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is on Interstate 29 near Mondamin, Iowa to Modale, Iowa mainly, but it really varies on the phone how soon it happens and how long it happens tho. It could be a tower on the Nebraska side too. I have not got time to figure out what Verizon tower is doing this yet. The main reason why I am trying to get this fix is I have a friend that drives this route every day, and he is getting bugged with an alarm because of the time shifting.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is close to area I'm having the similar issue. Only my issue is the time was changing by several hours like 9:30 am to 2:30 pm without the time zone changing.  My trouble spot is Blair, NE. What I ended up doing was turning off the Automatic Date and Time on my android phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
advcomp2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you been able to report it or has Verizon brushed it off? I have ran into devices that you can't set the time zone. It is mainly with truck trackers that drivers can't change the settings unless it is the admin of the device. Then if someone has an accident in these areas with automatic time, the report might have bad times, and could cause other issues for people reporting the accident. That is why I am worried about this issue.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is another discussion thread on this community forum about it and it was reported to VZW that way. The rep wanted to call me to get more information about the location, but I only drive past this location so scheduling a time for them to call when I'm available and at the location was challenging so it got held up there in limbo.

0 Likes
GARLOG38

It won't do any good for a rep to call during the day while myself or any other verizon customer is here. No verizon customer phone will work here. None. At all. They would have to call at another time when you are home or anywhere else but on this side of town.

0 Likes