Re: Touch screen sensitivity Note 8
JETSON2U

I had the same problem  and took back to Verizon store , they replaced my screen protector with a liquid glass protection. Which is just a liquid she applied over the glass ...it works awesome now!  But being a new product, I am taking a chance on how well it will protect it.  However, It does have a one year guarantee... Guess we'll see ! At least I typed this in half the time than when the other protector was on it  

0 Likes
JILWIL76

I have the same issue. I purchased a Zagg screen protector at Verizon. The agent told me several issues had been reported, but there was no fix. I paid enough for this phone and trying to protect it. The scene protector was pricy too. I never had this problem with any of my other Samsung phones and have always used the same grade of Zagg protector. Samsung needs to have an update to remedy this problem or there needs to be a recall on the Zagg screen protector for this model  Anything along the edges of the phone do not have sensitivity. It's horrible. Even when typing, you have to press harder. Very disappointed.

0 Likes
DARMCN61

I have the same issue except it happens without a screen protector.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You should be able to navigate your phone with ease Darmcn61. Are you having issues with your whole screen? Do you have the most updated https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note8-update/ software? Please share more details.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Zcam

I saw a suggestion on another forum to change the setting for the Hard Press Home button on the Navigation bar to either off, 1 or 2 (the default seems to be 3). I have a glass protector on my screen and had the same problem.  When I changed the setting to 2 it seemed to help a lot, even more when I turned it off altogether.  To find the function go to Settings -> Display -> Navigation bar -> Hard press home button.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes
GINFUE96

I'm having the same exact problem.

0 Likes
GINFUE96

It doesn't help at all.

0 Likes
JILWIL76

I had to take my screen protector off, because even adjusting the screen sensitivity did nothing. It works fine now. Unfortunately wasted $50 on a screen protector. I was told this phone has gorilla glass. I take pretty good care of my phones and use a case. I haven't seen any scratches. Not a fan of the curved screen either.

0 Likes
TRAWAL88

I had the same issue and was going to return the phone.  A friend suggested I remove the tempered gas screen protector. I did, and the sensitivity is perfect.  Yes,  I am fearful of dropping the phone, but I will not go back to the unresponsive screen.

0 Likes
Rkozakk1991

Its sad bought note 8 and cant change the sensitivty

0 Likes