Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact now available for Verizon
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

From Sony:

With the latest Sony technologies packed into a compact, the Xperia XZ2 Compact is the ultimate entertainment smartphone that fits in your pocket.

The XZ2 Compact will be available at Best Buy and Amazon for BYOD activation on Verizon.

pf32_packshot_171214_concert.png 

Labels (1)
Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact now available for Verizon
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Please note that the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact model certified for Verizon is model H8314. The dual SIM version H8324 is not compatible. 

0 Likes
Jmthomas1987
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since this is just a smaller version of the XZ2, would the full-size XZ2 model work on VZW? The single sim version XZ2 has the same frequencies as the XZ2 Compact.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The other model likely isn't certified or it is still in review to be certified. In reviewing the specifications  it appears the LTE category is different between the regular XZ2 and the Compact model. Even if they both have the same LTE frequencies including the important Band 13 necessary for VZW, this difference could affect the ability to be certified by VZW as compatible.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HONHO36

Hi I just bought the Sony xperia xz2 compact H8314. However when I inserted my Verizon Sim I don't have service. What do I have to do to get it working on Verizon. Thanks for your time

0 Likes
karlamckee

The Xperia XZ2 does not work on CDMA, and LTE requires VoLTE to enable voice. For VoLTE to work, your account needs to have the HD Voice service enabled (via My Verizon Products & Apps). I had the same issue, but after I enabled HD Voice, waited 15 minutes, then turned my Xperia off and back on, I was able to send and receive calls. (See details at HD Voice for Android FAQs | Verizon Wireless .)

Note to Verizon: Please inform your tech team. This is a new device that is not sold through carriers, so even Level 2 tech staff were unable to fix the problem. I discovered the solution on a developers' forum.

0 Likes
HONHO36

Thank you for letting me know i have to enable HD voice on my line. I did what you suggested and i got incoming and outgoing calls. and was able to send out text messages. however i cannot receive text messages. can you receive text messages on your xz2 compact? thanks for your time

0 Likes
karlamckee

Although switching phones caused 'visual voicemail' to be removed from my plan, I had to manually delete it from my Verizon account services to get incoming texts.

-

HONHO36 wrote -

>HONHO36 created the discussion

>"Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact now available for Verizon"

>To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1589486#1589486

>

0 Likes
batonrouge
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm considering buying this phone for use on Verizon, but I am concerned about all services working. I do realize there will be no cdma. i noticed HONHO36 was not receiving texts. Has this been an issue for anyone else?

0 Likes
tballer13

are you still using the xz2?

0 Likes