Droid Turbo Won't Play Music Tracks
Escalante48

OS:  Windows 10.  I downloaded the Carpenters Gold 35th Anniversary Edition to Windows Media.  I then opened the Music Folder and copied the two discs and on the drop-down menu I copied it to XT1254, Music.  When I opened the folder in Explore and touched any song in the album it said "It Couldn't Pay the Requested Track."  I attempted to access this music through Google Play with no success.  I cleared data / caches, etc. on both the phone and Google Play Music.  I ended up buying the MP3 edition from Amazon.  I copied over Sarah Brightman's "Eden" CD and it worked perfectly in both the music folder and through Google Play Music.  I learned that if I want the entire album to play, I have to play it using Google Play Music.  The phone only seems to allow a person to play one song at a time.

In conjunction with this problem, when the Droid Turbo is connected to the computer via USB cable, it does not appear in Windows Explorer / File Explorer.  The only place it shows up is in Windows Media Player.  I checked the Device Manager and the proper driver is installed, and it said it is working properly.

Maybe this CD is not DRM free, I don't know.  Carpenters Gold transferred from the CD to the laptop, and the song titles transferred from the laptop to the phone.  It just would not play the music.  I noticed that in the music folders with icons it said this was "Unknown."  So maybe it is not DRM free. . . . 

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Turbo Won't Play Music Tracks
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Escalante48 wrote:

OS: Windows 10. I downloaded the Carpenters Gold 35th Anniversary Edition to Windows Media. I then opened the Music Folder and copied the two discs and on the drop-down menu I copied it to XT1254, Music. When I opened the folder in Explore and touched any song in the album it said "It Couldn't Pay the Requested Track."

Are the files saved as .wma rather than .mp3?  If they are .wma files, the phone won't recognize them or play them; you'll either need to convert the .wma files to .mp3 or use a different music app that plays .wma files, such as Poweramp Music Player (Trial) - Android Apps on Google Play

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the USB connection issue, are you pulling down the notification shade on the phone and changing the USB connection type from charging only to File Transfer?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Escalante48

Yes, I did. I touched "File transfers - Transfer files to Windows or MAC

(MTP). It did not give an option for transferring files from a PC to the

Droid Turbo. I spent at least 3 1/2 hours working on this problem. I find

it perplexing that the Sarah Brightman "Eden" CD successfully transferred

and played back whereas the two disc set of Carpenters Gold did not. Under

the XT1254 music file, the icon said "Unknown". I guess I wonder why one

disc transferred and played back and the others did not . . .

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is supposed to work both ways. File Transfer means that you can save files from your computer to the phone and from the phone to the computer.

I'm sure about the music album. It might be a drm thing, but I haven't downloaded any music from the Windows store to know how the files work with other platforms.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Escalante48 wrote:

OS: Windows 10. I downloaded the Carpenters Gold 35th Anniversary Edition to Windows Media. I then opened the Music Folder and copied the two discs and on the drop-down menu I copied it to XT1254, Music. When I opened the folder in Explore and touched any song in the album it said "It Couldn't Pay the Requested Track."

Are the files saved as .wma rather than .mp3?  If they are .wma files, the phone won't recognize them or play them; you'll either need to convert the .wma files to .mp3 or use a different music app that plays .wma files, such as Poweramp Music Player (Trial) - Android Apps on Google Play

Escalante48

Here's another interesting "twist" in this story. The purchased MP3 of

Carpenters Gold appears in my Amazon music library and plays from the

Amazon music library. However, it does not appear anywhere in Internal

Storage, not under Audio and not under Explore / Music. It does not appear

in Google Play Music, either. All the other music I purchased from Amazon

and which appears in my Amazon Prime Music Library also appears in Internal

Storage / Audio or Explore / Music. Any thoughts? Reboot? Is this stuff

in Verizon Cloud? Something needs to be "refreshed"? How do you refresh

anything on a Droid Turbo? Thanks.

0 Likes
Escalante48

I think I may have found the answer.  Here is a quote from Amazon Music:

*Important: *Prime Music and Amazon Music Unlimited titles can only be

accessed and played within the Amazon Music app—they cannot be exported for

use on other apps and devices, or copied onto CDs and other external

storage.  That probably explains why my most recent MP3  purchase (today)

does not appear anywhere within the Droid Turbo's Internal Storage or

Google Play Music.  Also, Amazon's old music storage subscription service

was retired as of January 15, 2018.

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 4:34 PM, <<removed>>

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
Escalante48

I found the answer to my problem in the attached website:  https://www.technipages.com/how-to-copy-music-from-cd-to-android

I deleted the music this morning and ripped it to Windows Media Player again this morning - this time I clicked on the drop-down menu for RIP settings and clicked on "MP3".  I then transferred the music to the Droid Turbo phone, and everything worked fine.  The music appears / plays back from the phone's Music folder and Google Play Music.  The default setting for ripping music in Windows Media Player (Windows 10) is a Windows Media setting.  Peace at last!

0 Likes