transfer playlists to LG V20
angelsix
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'd like to transfer my playlists from my old Note 4 to my LG V20.  I have playlists in .m3u and .pla format, and have transferred them to the LG V20, but it doesn't recognize them.  Help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: transfer playlists to LG V20
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Angelsix, we want to make sure that you are able to utilize your device. Upon review, I am showing that those files do not fall under supported formats as per the device specifications here: http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/v20/specs. Have you, perhaps, attempted to utilize any 3rd party applications that will interact with those file formats? 

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
angelsix
Enthusiast - Level 2

HarleyE_VZW:  I'm not seeing at the link you gave me any specs about which playlists types are useable on an LG V20.  I see the text:

"Customizable Music Library

Organized by songs, albums, artists, genres, stations, and playlists"

but I don't see anything specific about which playlist files "fall under supported formats as per the device specifications".  I searched, but didn't find there a hotlink to any such specification.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Did you transfer the actual song files to the V20?

The playlist won't play without the files.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have a full understanding of the LG V20 device, Angelsix. This device lists that it can support: AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, M4A, AMR, MP3, MIDI, WAV, WMA, PCM, ADPCM, MKV, AC3/EC3, FLAC and Ogg formats. You may need to change your format or re-create the playlist inside a program that supports the same files if it does not match these types of files. 

JoshuaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
angelsix
Enthusiast - Level 2

sprmankalel Feb 1, 2018 12:54 PM (in response to angelsix😞

Yes, of course, I transferred the music files themselves to my V20.  They are all in .mp3 format.

0 Likes
angelsix
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support Feb 3, 2018 5:54 AM (in response to angelsix😞

This answer is not helpful.  Those are the lists of the file formats that the device can recognize and play, not formats for playlists.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What app did you use to save the playlist files? Did you use that same app to transfer them to the new device? Did you save the playlist files directly on the device or the SD card? Are the tracks in the directory that the playlist file points to?

angelsix
Enthusiast - Level 2

sprmankalel wrote:

What app did you use to save the playlist files? Did you use that same app to transfer them to the new device? Did you save the playlist files directly on the device or the SD card? Are the tracks in the directory that the playlist file points to?

I transferred them using Windows Explorer, through the phone (not by pulling the SD card and transferring them directly).  I tried saving them to the device memory, and to the SD card.

However, I've solved my problem, by picking a different app (PowerAmp) for playing music. It recognizes .m3u playlists.  The stock Android app, Music, seemed weak on playlists.  The Google Music app seemed to be constantly nudging me to use Google Music.  I'm happy now with PowerAmp.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

angelsix, glad to hear you found a 3rd party application that suits the needs of your music files. I do hope you are enjoying your new phone. We're always here for support when you need us. http://spr.ly/6582DRrJj

NatashaA_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes