Re: Why is this number 900080004101?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@YaleK_VZW, vzw_customer_support This issue has been going on for too long and with too many threads/comments with no resolution.  Can't you escalate this to the appropriate Tech Support group to identify if these text messages are, in fact, a result of some internal Verizon process?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
hallsbrat06

My husband and I have been having the same issue of our messaging log showing that we have been sending the number 008-000-4104 a ridculous amount of texts. My phone would send an out going text to 008-000-4101 any time I received or sent a text to anyone. This also happened when I received a few vociemails. My husband's phone would only send a text to 008-000-4101 when he sent or received a text from my phone number. One of our friends text logs also started to send 008-000-4101 any time he sent or received a text from my cell phone.  After talking to several different tech support on three separate days and doing a hard reset on my phone, we figured out how to stop the number from showing up on our messaging logs. First off, the hard reset was not needed! The issue is with the Message+ app. I personally use the message+ app; however, my husband and friend have never used the app. I had to go into the message+ app and deactivate it. Deactivating it makes it where you can no longer message from other devices (tablets, computers, etc) but you still can send texts from your phone. Once I did that my message log stopped showing that I was sending texts to the 008-000-4101. Okay now bare with me because this is going to sound crazy. For my husband and friends phone: they had to ENABLE the message+ app. Go into the message+ app. Hit the 3 lines at the top for the "drop down menu". Then hit SETTINGS. Then hit ACCOUNT. Then hit DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT. Enter in your phone number. Then hit delete. That should fix it. It apparently deletes your account from being used by other devices. After that they could either continue using message+ without the issues or you can switch back to the regular messagener. I cannot explain why or how this started happening but this seemed to stop the unwanted texts for us. It has been almost a full day without the number showing on my messaging log again. I hope this can help someone out! I also hope Verizon can answer why this started happening in the first place!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHADAV8, being harassed by someone that stole your daughters device has to be very frustrating. We're here to help in any way we can. What is the make and model of the tablet that was stolen? How often are you being contacted by this number?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAMUTL32-

I definitely want to make sure that we are getting to the bottom of this right away. To confirm, do you have any other devices (laptop, tablet, etc) integrated with your Verizon Messages+ app? When did this start for you?

AmberK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DIAM2072

Verizon,

I have the exact issue that JAMUTL32 has and therefore will answer your questions you asked him/her –

I do not have any other devices integrated with Verizon Messages app.

Diane

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAMUTL32, I apologize for the confusion the number 900080004101 is causing you. This number is part of integrated messaging. The Verizon Message+ is the native text message application that comes with Android devices. We are currently looking into this matter to provide you additional information. Once we receive additional information, we will reply to your post. Check out the Verizon Messages (Message+) FAQs. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/ 

JacobV_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAMUTL32
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't use Verizon Message+. My phone isn't a Verizon phone. It's an

unlocked Nexus 6P that I bought from a different vendor. It's stock

Android with the stock Android messaging app.

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 10:17 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You may not be using Verizon's Message+ app, but if you're a Verizon service subscriber, you're going thru their Messaging Server/Process.  Your text messages need to be handled and accounted for, for billing/logging purposes.  The problem/glitch may be in that Server/Process.  Hopefully, someone in Verizon Technical Services/Messaging Services will be able to identify what is going on once and get it resolved.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I called 800-922-0204 to have this issue escalated and have a network ticket opened.  Unfortunately, since I'm not experiencing the issue on my account, they would NOT open a ticket.  They need someone experiencing the issue to call to open the ticket.  So, if anyone/everyone experiencing this issue could call 800-922-0204 or *611 and request escalation to open a network ticket, that might spur some investigation and resolution.  Tell them the issue you're experiencing: When sending/receiving text messages (integrated with multiple devices or not, Message+ app or standard), a duplicate text message is showing up in the account text message logs showing a (Verizon) control number 008-000-4101, 4104 or 900080004101 or 4104.  Let them know when it started (first reported here, 1/10).

Maybe if enough users report this issue, it will get some traction.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ASHPIE26, I can understand your concern about the number 900080004101 in your text logs. This has been identified as part of integrated messaging. This issue is  currently being investigated, and we'll get this resolved soon. Thanks for your patience.

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes