URGENT how to block text messages from email
wtfemi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to know how to block getting emails being texted to my phone. I figured out how to do it on here, except that it seems to only offer that option under the main account, and not for my phone number. We have a family plan, and I went to the spam center where you can block numbers and emails and websites, and under phone numbers, I could choose my number, but not for the email/website part. Does anyone know how to solve this? It's really important.

Labels (1)
Re: URGENT how to block text messages from email
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you haven't registered with YOUR phone number for MyVerizon, then do that.  Each phone number on a family plan can (and should ) have it's own account login.  Once you do that, go to MyServices, and on the left side menu, choose SPAM CONTROLS, then click the tab for Internet Spam Blocking.  There you can enter email addresses to block....

HTH,

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

SuzyQ wrote:

If you haven't registered with YOUR phone number for MyVerizon, then do that.  Each phone number on a family plan can (and should ) have it's own account login.  Once you do that, go to MyServices, and on the left side menu, choose SPAM CONTROLS, then click the tab for Internet Spam Blocking.  There you can enter email addresses to block....

HTH,

if I understood correctly, I think the person is asking how to block messages from people emailing at the address @vtext.com

So basically how to stop messages from there.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

TheGreatOne wrote:

if I understood correctly, I think the person is asking how to block messages from people emailing at the address @vtext.com

So basically how to stop messages from there.

My answer stands - you can block specific email addresses or entire domains - so you can block all texts from vtext.com if you want.

0 Likes
Sp34
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have done this and checked the boxes to block all

messages from emails and websites and I’m still getting them. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sp34, being able to manage the calls you receive is a must and we can help by getting these blocked on our end. Please send us a Private Note to get started. JoseL_VZW

0 Likes