Re: LED light no longer flashes when I receive a text after Nougat upgrade
REGADK21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have already double checked that as well.  The notification for Message+ has always been on.  I've checked the settings under everything and done it more than once.  I've turned things off then back on again and it still didn't work.  I tried rebooting my phone before and after I turned them off and on again, still it didn't work. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DD88893,  REGADK21 ,  Ted_k27, your checking and verifying of settings have been so helpful. I really wish we had a fix for you today. The LED trouble has been reported to our Message + application team, and we await a resolution.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SUSEHR58

So here it is June 20, 2017, just purchased an S7 about a week ago and same issue with messenger+. Seems there is still no resolution to this problem. Not happy.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Then why did you buy it? It's funny us apple users don't have light notifications and get by just fine.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Seems like you're still within your return window. Get another phone.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

probably heard too many horror stories about ios updates killing battery performance, ....10.3.2

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Mines been just fine no issues

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of ensuring you have a properly working phone berone21. When did you update the software on your phone? How soon after a full battery does your phone drain from 100% to 0%?

Thank You,

MichelleL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
EDM80
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this same issue and am incredibly frustrated.  I returned the G6 because it doesn't have an LED indicator when you receive messages, and then the S7 LED indicator was fine after I first bought it. Then within a couple of days (this was just about 2 weeks ago) I was already prompted (despite my phone being brand new) to do an update, and then the LED stopped working for texts.  Nothing I have done brings it back.  This is getting ridiculous.  Then just yesterday I was told to do another update to "enhance features" which did basically nothing and certainly didn't correct the problem.  I rely on text messages for news or emergencies from my kids' school, so having to keep my phone by my side all day and constantly checking it while trying to do a full time job, in case God forbid I need to be notified about something serious with my children, is incredibly inconvenient.  Why am I paying for a feature that doesn't even work? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to keep on top of your text notifications is important, EDM80. Let's dig into this further. What messaging app are you using? Has your messaging app been updated since this began? http://spr.ly/65838UD5T

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes