Re: Activate Advanced Calling is grayed out on s7 w/android 7.0
Osendott
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah when turning airplane mode on then turning Wi-Fi on and trying to call it just says no radio, or radio off or some such and fails. A full factory reset didn't help mine, so you're lucky. Still waiting on a response from verizon tech support.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing that you are also having this issue is very concerning Osendott . I see that you mentioned a network ticket was opened for you to address this issue, have you received any word back regarding any updates?

CandiceH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DARPYM24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having a similar problem, but mine says "upgrading in progress."  Wifi calling was working well.  I had been using wifi on the phone for the last year.  Two days ago I had to do a system reset because notifications were not working.  After the reset it has been frozen.  I've done two more resets.  The Verizon Store was a waste of time. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get your device back into full working order, DARPYM24. How long has the “upgrading in progress” message been showing? Have you noticed any other issues when using your WiFi connection?

ChrisM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DARPYM24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, wifi works.  Wifi calling worked well until i did a system reset.  I must be able to do wifi calling to use my phone at home and work because Verizon has a terrible signal.  Cellular is not an option.

I have tried to upgrade while on cellular, which required me to drive to a spot of good reception.  I have tried with a different wifi connection as well.  No luck.

In your messages, Verizon uses the word "upgrade," which is not accurate since this is a "restoration."  It acknowledges that i have already activated and paid for the service, which is obvious since it was working well minutes before I did your system reset.  I'm not commenting on grammar - I'm wondering if this is part of the system bug.

Another, wholely separate issue is that I cannot receive voicemail while on wifi.  It is essential that I get my voicemails when I am at home.  I have Visual Voicemail 5.0.49.  I need my phone to operate fully at home in wifi mode.  I won't know if someone has even left me a message until I drive to a spot where there is cellular reception.  I missed a very important business message this week, and didn't know about it.  is there another voicemail program i can use? 

You have my full account details.  Please help. 

Thanks

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The vzw reps on here can't just arbitrarily access someone's account. You have to give them permission by calling customer service or them reaching out to you via the direct message system in the forum. Don't post your personal information on this public forum!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

DARPYM24
Enthusiast - Level 2

how is this arbitrary - this isn't a random choice on your part?

the point here is I CANNOT call.  I am using the community as the Verizon Store told me to do.  It took me an hour to drive to the store.  Are you telling me that this has been a waste of time?

What do I need to do to reset my phone.  I have been very clear about the issues with my phone.  What do I need to do to get it reset and operational?  This action is due to a factory reset.  It was operational before.  Clearly this is a system reset issue, not my account.

Please help me and others solve your technical issue. 

DARPYM24
Enthusiast - Level 2

the network adapter needed to be reset.  account details are irrelevant.  2 days, 2 hours of driving, and hours of run-around from Verizon for a very basic reset.  horrific support and service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DARPYM24,

Your security is important to us. We want to make sure you can always rely on your phone and get things working. I'm glad to clarify. This is a public forum primarily used for customer to customer posts. It is meant for customers to assist each other with concerns. We do monitor it as well and try to answer questions where more information can be provided or a question hasn't been answered but here in public we don't have any access to account details and we don't recommend providing them here. If necessary we can private message you and potentially reach out by other means but I know that won't work here since the issue was that you couldn't call.

I know your time is valuable and I'm sorry it has taken so long to get this solved. To be clear from your most recent post is this now working well for you?

I also want to address your voicemail concerns. Visual voicemail does require a connection to our data network. That's the only way the data can be processed and they won't come in through it until you establish that connection. As an alternative though once the calling is working you can always dial *86 on the phone to check your voicemail. There won't be an alert so it may not be perfect but you can periodically call in and check that way.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes