Re: New unlimited plan effect on HomeFusion Broadband
BPL506
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is what Verizon calls "3G Speeds" after the 10GB.

20170503_124943.jpg

Dial-up is faster!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually it isn't. Dialup speeds have maximum possible speed of 53 kbps or 0.053 mbps. The VZW reps here have stated up 600 kbps or 0.6 mbps for the 3G speeds. You are getting 0.26 mbps (260 kbps) download and 0.37 mbps (370 kbps) upload. I would speculate you are within the 3G speed range. For the tiered new Verizon Plans, the Safety Mode expected speed is 128 kbps or 0.128 mbps.

Dial Up vs. High Speed Internet - Dialup, DSL & Cable Compared

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BPL506
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apparently Ann is here to defend Verizon, than you for the lesson... You say Tomato, I say Tomato.

But one thing we should all agree on is that the "Stated" speeds for VZW's unlimited plan past 10GB are unacceptable. No where in any documentation or on their website do they state what their "Stated" 3Gspeeds are going to be!! 3G speeds in the area I live generally run from 2 to 5mbps. They are being deceptive and raking in thousands of dollars and not providing good service.

Grumpy67
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is what mine looks like also, and yes, dial up is faster. I have found, luckily that during nighttime hours, the upload speed is better. But still, this is equivalent to 1G or 1X speed. 3G is between 3 and 5 megs as stated.

The honest thing for VZ would be to advise us with LTE internet of the effects ahead of time, and ask us what we want to do. I would have appreciated THAT. As it is, I cannot even change it back just going online.

Also, I have a device which is phone only. My old plan, shared 40 gig between 4 devices. At least then we got ALL the 40G and would go over if and when we exceeded. As it is now, I pay for 10G for the landline that NEVER gets used, as that is a phone and cannot use data, and as for the cell phones, we don't use 20G between us.

It is downright shady on their part.

0 Likes
harleyman22
Contributor - Level 1

The current 3G download speed on my AT&T GoPhone is 2.2mbps. That's 2200 kbps to you, Ann.

0 Likes
MuffyKatt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same situation. For the first month of unlimited it worked fine.  This month I got a message after only  5 days in my billing cycle stating that we've used up all of our 4G and now for the rest of the month it will be 3G.  It is terrible. Why have unlimited if it doesn't work..can't get anything done in a efficient manner, pictures, etc., take forever pop up, forget about using Netflix or any other streaming service. Looking at other services.

DonJohns49
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been a continuous Verizon 3-line smartphone customer for 20 years now and added LTE Home Fusion for the last 4+ years after retirement and moving to a rural community. I have no other alternatives to home internet except satellite. Actually satellite is looking better now after switching to Verizon Unlimited - until it's not - Plan. I switched my then max 30GB limited plan, which worked fine for 4 years except for the arcane 1GB per day limit, to the Unlimited - until it's not - Plan on the very first day it was offered. I even found the small print that exposed the prioritization gimmick at 22GB but NOWHERE did it say anything about a 10GB speed throttling limit. For the first 2 months, even being prioritized for the last 6-12 days of the cycle, worked for me and speeds would slow from 12-20 Mb/s to 3-5 Mb/s but everything worked and life was good. About 10 days into the 3rd cycle of my new Unlimited - until it's not - Plan, I get an email notice that I've reached my 10 GB limit and I will be limited....WHAT? I have a Verizon Unlimited Plan. Now, nothing from the browser is working, email is working slowly. My speed is .090 Mb/s. It took me the next 30 minutes to get to a second tier support person who discloses that this is a new 10 Mb/s throttle policy. He also discovers that my Home Fusion has the wrong severe throttle setting. After 24-hours I get a notice to reboot cantenna and retest speed. Now I get .4-.5 Mb/s (yes, 450-500 Kb/s) and is what I have been living with for the last 20 days. Critical bill paying DOES NOT work due to timeouts and most sites just continue to spin waiting for data. This is not a home internet service anymore and I have lost patience waiting for Verizon to do the right thing. 4+ years ago I bought Verizon LTE Home Fusion, touted to be the best and fastest wireless home internet service. What Verizon Unlimited - until it's not - Plan has done is to reduce it to a useless piece of junk!!! I[Removed]

solicitation removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

your longtime patronage is appreciated. We hope you'll be with us for many years to come. I welcome the opportunity to address your unlimited plan inquiry. I know it can be upsetting being restricted to 3G speeds after 10GBs of data is met on an internet only device. While these devices can be added to the New Verizon Plan Unlimited, they were never intended for it but a tiered or data only plan. This is because it's imperative for us to make sure we maintain the integrity of our network for all of our customers. Our customers rely on their phones in emergency situations and by ensuring our network isn't weighed down by heavy internet usage we'll know that they're covered when they need their devices most.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAYTUR77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I trust that your answer is correct, however, it doesn't answer all the questions I see here about people's internet speed being reducing to basically nothing. where can I go to get answers on this? I'm searching for a home internet service that I can depend on for work and internet work searches.  Thx

0 Likes
MRAKRAK6530
Enthusiast - Level 3

JAYTUR77....Ann154 answers are correct, but she doesn't want to admit that 3G speeds on the Home Fusion system are slower than dial-up. I had Verizon confirm this after they finally admitted that I was being severely throttled after10GB, and not prioritized after 22GB as first promised. I had the Home Fusion system for almost 5 years when I switched to the Verizon Unlimited....but when I saw the slowdown in speeds to where it couldn't even be used, I had enough of VZW and cancelled. There is a company that I refer to in a thread above that provides real unlimited internet, if you have a decent cell signal. No contracts and great customer service. I switched about 2 months ago and I can finally stream movies in my home without buffering or worrying about going over my data!! There is also a code provided above to save $$ upon joining. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

0 Likes