Galaxy S7 Nougat Update
mjmjhkgh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why Big Red Verizon is latest carrier to update in US always?

Why?

Maybe change Big Red to S Red........

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S7 Nougat Update
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

JBWater wrote:

I've tried checking for updates on my phone, but it still says no updates are available.

Once updates are pushed, they roll out in waves.  In other words, all the affected devices don't receive the update at the same time.  It could be several hours/days before all devices receive the update.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They haven't always been the last carrier to release a major update for a carrier branded phone. Sometimes they're first. Sometimes in the middle of the pack and unfortunately sometimes it is close to last or last.

A First Example.

http://m.androidcentral.com/motorola-makes-it-official-verizon-s-moto-x-first-get-android-44-kitkat

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI the unlocked models haven't updated either.

http://m.androidcentral.com/sprint-starts-rolling-out-nougat-update-galaxy-s7-and-s7-edge

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

You guys kill me with this every time. Months of where's the update posts. Then the update comes and it's months of I hate the bugs posts asking why Verizon didn't take the time to ensure it worked better.

mjmjhkgh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks good info....

OK not always almost always.

This time

1st Tmobile

2nd AT&T

3rd Sprint....

and what else ?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Either way, I wouldn't call them last for this particular phone model until the regional carrier models and unlocked models get the update and Verizon hasn't received it.

0 Likes
JAXON62
Enthusiast - Level 1

Big Red = Fail

Segundus
Enthusiast - Level 1

If this big [Removed] red carrier doesn't release Nougat for the S7 Edge soon they *ARE* going to give me my money back and cancel my contract or I'm going to cancel their [Removed]. I keep reading about these old as dirt phones getting Nougat but a "less then year old" Samsung flagship phone can't get it?! VERIZON [Removed]! [Removed]! Get your [Removed] together now!!!!!

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

You guys kill me with these posts. Just be patient and then you can post all your complaints about bugs once you get the update.

RSinChandler
Enthusiast - Level 1

Be patient ... be patient ...

No, I'm sick of being patient!

When did Google release Nougat? October 2016. We're now almost six months later and no update via Verizon. Phone updates should be monthly, but quarterly would be a step forward in the right direction.

The release cycle is ridiculous. I'm getting pretty sick of this (Samsung and Verizon). If Google releases a phone with features similar to the S7 of S8 I'll be looking at that very seriously (FYI - the phone would have to have external storage Google).