Verizon APN settings for Xiaomi Mi Note 2
ghwmd1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Xiaomi Mi Note 2 is a dual band Android phone.  Xiaomi asserts it is compatible with the Verizon network.

Local store placed new Verizon sim card, phone recognized sim card.  Phone indicated CDMA service.  Representative's tablet indicated that Verizon recognized the brand and model of phone. 

Phone was unable to connect to the network. 

Xiaomi indicates that Verizon has to furnish me with the apn settings.  Store representatives were clueless.

Help, please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon APN settings for Xiaomi Mi Note 2
mama23dogs
Legend
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Search the community here. There was a thread recently that another community activated a non-verizon device and posted their APN settings which worked for them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend
0 Likes
ghwmd1
Enthusiast - Level 2

i've seen several lists on line, tried one set of those settings, no

success.  verizon rep in store couldn't stay with me long enough to input

another set....

Gary H. [Removed]

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 12:31 PM, mama23dogs <forums@verizonwireless.com>

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I don't think you understand, this is a GSM only phone.  (Please look at the specs given in the link.)

In some specs 3G may be listed as w-cdma, HSDPA, UTMAS.   These are GSM network bands.

Verizon is a CDMA network.  Your phone will not work on Verizon or Sprint.  It would work on Att or T-mobile, but possibly only as a 3G phone on ATT.  

This is a hardware restriction, not software or programming.  There is no solution with Verizon.    You can get service with T-mobile or ATT.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It does appear to be the phone has the LTE bands for the Verizon Wireless network. If it did work, it won't have the full functionality on the network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

It does have extensive LTE bands.  But the message from Verizon is they are still primarily a CDMA network.  In the next couple of years, that will go away as they shut it down. 

Also the IMEI on this brand shows as 3G range in the US.  this means the ATT system wont except all those lovey LTE bands

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A phone ahead of its time then?

0 Likes
ghwmd1
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, i understand that based on the specs on those websites, but this was

advertised by xiaomi as being a cdma phone, and the band list wasn't

available when I bought it (stupid me)

Gary H. [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 2:16 PM, mama23dogs <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Ann154​  LOL. 

ghwmd1

Hardly your fault if the phone was misrepresented.   You can always ask on the forums before you buy.   Almost anything from China is going to be GSM only. 

If it has 3G bands 850 and 1900 (it will need both) it has a shot with AT&T or T-mobile.

Sorry it didn't work out. 

If you want to stick with Verizon, Best Buy has a nice selection of unlocked phone and the display is marked so you know what phones will work on Verizon. 

0 Likes