Text to Landlines?
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Awhile back I was able to send text messages to land lines for 25 cents each. Recently I tried to text a land line two times. It seems like the message is never delivered. When I used to text a land line I was prompted I would be charged 25 cents. Then it would tell me that my message was delivered to an answer machine or to someone that picked up.  Just am wondering, has Verizon removed the land line texting feature? 

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Text to Landlines?
sierrajinx9
Enthusiast - Level 2

It should still be in service, Its still listed under MESSAGING Features on VerizonWireless.com! Is it possible that TEXT 2 Landline does not support DIGITAL PHONE? (aka Time Warner, Comcast)! 

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

sierrajinx9 wrote:

It should still be in service, Its still listed under MESSAGING Features on VerizonWireless.com! Is it possible that TEXT 2 Landline does not support DIGITAL PHONE? (aka Time Warner, Comcast)! 

It worked before when I text this particular number. Now it just stopped working all together.
0 Likes
jenn571
Enthusiast - Level 3

Funny, I just had this happen to me today for the first time.  Never knew this even existed.  I have a bb 8330 and I tried sending an mms text to my friend who has Sprint and it wouldn't go through.  Then I tried just a plain old text and that went through, but then I got a message saying that the text was being sent to a landline and if I wanted to send the text to their voicemail for .25 cents.  I didn't do it since I thought it was some sort of scam.  I'm almost positive that I sent the text to her cell and not home.  I need to call her to update her cell number I guess.  This is an interesting feature.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

jenn571 wrote:

Funny, I just had this happen to me today for the first time.  Never knew this even existed.  I have a bb 8330 and I tried sending an mms text to my friend who has Sprint and it wouldn't go through.  Then I tried just a plain old text and that went through, but then I got a message saying that the text was being sent to a landline and if I wanted to send the text to their voicemail for .25 cents.  I didn't do it since I thought it was some sort of scam.  I'm almost positive that I sent the text to her cell and not home.  I need to call her to update her cell number I guess.  This is an interesting feature.

I think that it is an awesome feature to have. Just wish it would work on my phone! :smileysad: Although I suppose I could always just call the person rather then send a text.

0 Likes