WiFi Calling When Overseas Using a Foreign SIM and APN?
smashmonkey

What happens if I go overseas with my Samsung S6 and install a local foreign SIM and APN?  Can I still receive/send calls and text to my VZW # via WiFi Calling?

If not, is there an app that would allow me to connect to my VZW # over wifi/cell data while overseas using a foreign SIM? Sort of the same way I can access my Google Voice # anywhere in the world with a data connection.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WiFi Calling When Overseas Using a Foreign SIM and APN?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to know what to expect with your services when you travel. To use any Verizon network services you do need to have your Verizon sim in your phone.  You will not be able to access your Verizon number in any way on that phone while you have a foreign sim in your device. 

While you have another carrier's sim all items (including wireless calling) would be handled through their network and assigned number. 
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IT should work as the iPhone does.  Turn off cellular so the call doesn't route through the carrier network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to know what to expect with your services when you travel. To use any Verizon network services you do need to have your Verizon sim in your phone.  You will not be able to access your Verizon number in any way on that phone while you have a foreign sim in your device. 

While you have another carrier's sim all items (including wireless calling) would be handled through their network and assigned number. 
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes