Re: Any news on whether HP Elite x3 will work on Verizon?
techman2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am SO MAD about the lack of Windows support from VZW!!!

As a business, I have too much invested in VZW to easily move to another cell network, but I NEED to use Microsoft devices! I was able to get 2 of the Surface 3 devices through the business portal in December 2015 (YAY!!!), but the devices are no longer offered, and I have held on to this Lumia Icon for longer than ANY phone I have EVER had because I don't want to go back to Android and will never buy an iPhone.

The Surface 3 was sold by VZW and has 4G connectivity, but I think it was actually unlocked. I sold one to a guy on another network and he was able to get it running with their SIM... Hmmm... AND the device was not branded by VZW in any way; weird. I looked at the supported bands for the device and well... I forget, but it worked on VZW and others.

I read an article not too long ago that stated that VZW is afraid of, and not wanting to become. a utility cell service and that may be why they strangle-hold whatever grip they have on this device selection thing. They need to understand, VZW users LOVE their network, but we are beginning to HATE their business practices and mass defection could be close for them.

primortal
Master - Level 1

Sadly mass defection is the only way to get upper management to listen.

The oddest is that Microsoft and HP doesn't need VZW approval to allow their devices on their network.  So it leads me to be that the CDMA certification is SO expensive that Microsoft or HP doesn't want to pony up or there some under the table agreement with Microsoft and HP NOT to allow the devices to connect to VZWs network.

I'm waiting for the Elite x3 to be released to see if the 950XL drops in price and if so bye-bye VZW and hello AT&T.  Their coverage is pretty good in the area I frequent the most.  If the Surface Phone makes it to VZW I'll switch back if AT&T give me any problems.

0 Likes
techman2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, they have just put this out, HP Spectre X2 | Verizon Wireless ... Definitely a step in the right direction, but Surface devices and 950's and Elite x3's need to be there too. I hope they get this right for US. It's not about them; FOR US! CAN YOU HEAR ME (us) NOW, VZW?

primortal
Master - Level 1

techman2014 wrote:

CAN YOU HEAR ME (us) NOW, VZW?

Even that guy left VZW and went to Sprint

0 Likes