Enthusiast - Level 2

did not work Smiley Sad

just sad

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 10:17 AM, eolastear <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note Edge update to Marshmallow fails
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your phone is able to update to the latest software shastrysandesh. When you go to check your latest software verison, is it alerting you that there is an update available? Have you tried to update the software while your device is safe mode?

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shastrysandesh
Enthusiast - Level 2

No Smiley Sad

Safe mode does not work either. Tried everything.

And yes, when I go to check latest software version, it does say update available and thats how I even have these problems of a "failing update".

Is there not team at Verizon testing out all phones?

Should they not be fired for releasing pain each update?

Are they not accountable?

Do they not like their jobs and may be they should be doing something else?

0 Likes
shastrysandesh
Enthusiast - Level 2

All these timezone related fixes that worked for some people, the amazon app process kill stuff that worked for some others. These could have easily been factored into the scripts used for installing updates.

Even the software upgrade assistant for Mac does not work. It was clearly never ever tested and simply launched.

People at Verizon, especially these teams are highly inefficient and get paid for doing the absolute worst on their jobs. They should simply be fired.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shastrysandesh,

Let's take a different path. We certainly want you to have success with your update and are sorry to hear about all the trouble. I would recommend using Samsung's SmartSwitch software. It will allow you to complete a backup of your phone on your PC or Mac as well as well as completing your update. You can find the details on this service here: http://bit.ly/28K6ukW

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
krazyken1

i went to a vzw store no help

0 Likes
shastrysandesh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, they are not qualified.

Basically, just pick a bunch of people who are technically challenged/put no efforts or were just meant to sell say, fries or something and designate them all in a nice respectable position and call it customer care.

Anyway. I am done cribbing about this whole industry of useless people.

They just release products which have not been tested at all. They request something from Samsung. They do something. Verizon receives it and the only thing they test and make sure is the label "Verizon" on the software and just release it to the thousands of people to test it for them and basically ruin the actual android experience for which we paid so much.

I could just leave Verizon but I think the whole industry is messed up

0 Likes
BRICHA46

Samsung's SmartSwitch software using pc worked fine for me. You will need to put phone as safe mode before perform upgrade using SmartSwitch.

0 Likes