I just read that the Lumia 735 is getting Windows 10. It is a newer phone then the Icon, but will Verizon upgrade the Icon to Windows 10?
Jimmyp9751
Enthusiast - Level 2

As stated, I've read that the Lumia 735 is getting windows 10. Yes it is a newer phone then the Icon, but will Verizon upgrade the Icon also to windows 10?Nokia Lumia Icon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I just read that the Lumia 735 is getting Windows 10. It is a newer phone then the Icon, but will Verizon upgrade the Icon to Windows 10?
robert5050
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
Re: I just read that the Lumia 735 is getting Windows 10. It is a newer phone then the Icon, but will Verizon upgrade the Icon to Windows 10?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why wait? You can download the preview now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your inquiry and your interest in the Windows 10 software update for your device. We take great pride and care in making sure our customers have the latest operating system, and that those updates are thoroughly tested to ensure the best customer experience. We are currently working with Microsoft on the update schedule for select Lumia devices.
To find out if your Lumia device is or will be eligible to upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile please download  the Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor from the Windows Store on your device. 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-mobile-upgrade-advisor

Once the Software is officially approved, you can also check the http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ page to see if the update is available for your phone.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

mustang5287
Enthusiast - Level 1

It was announced today and confirmed on VZW Advanced Device-Software Update page that the Icon will receive the upgrade to Win 10 tomorrow, 6/23.  I've been running Win 10 for some time now as part of the Windows Insider Program, be prepared for the upgrade to breath new life into you Icon. 

0 Likes
topher36
Enthusiast - Level 3

@mustang5287  Nice to see the official update Lumia Icon.  I am still on the Lumia 928 running the last Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build that it was eligible for from a few months back.  I need to make a switch.  I was thinking either getting a new 735, or going with a use Icon.  The 928 is too buggy on W10M.  Apps crash all the time, particularly Cortana when trying to add a Reminder and Mail when trying to Share something.  Also, Group Messaging doesn't work.  I was wondering how the Icon is working for you?  Any app crashes and is Group Messaging working?  Thanks.

0 Likes
robert5050
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
JXJLLM72
Enthusiast - Level 2

The W10 upgrade is available now.  However, I have not been able to upgrade successfully. If you do, please let me know.  Thanks 

0 Likes
robert5050
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've already upgraded several icons at work and all went fine.  What is your issue?  Did you download and run the upgrade advisor app?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is concerning to hear that you cannot group message, topher36. I love group messaging and could not imagine being without it. When did this start? What messaging application are you using? What specifically happens when you group message? Cellular data does have to be enabled to allow group/picture messages to pass through our multimedia server. Keep us posted.
As for your applications crashing, have you updated your applications? I know if I update my apps they seem to work much better. You can also try clearing the cache on your applications by restarting

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jxjllm72, updates should be nice and easy to get down. What happens when you try to update your device?
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes