Data overage charges should be applied to account
LudlowLou

I want to know why when we get charged $15 for extra data we don't get the unused portion of that extra 1GB that we pay for applied to our account ? It's like I belong to an auto club and I run out of gas, the company comes out and put's a gallon in my tank, the unused gas in my tank does not disappear when I fill up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data overage charges should be applied to account
rcschnoor
Legend

You do get it applied to your account to be used within the billing cycle for which you were charged. You have a 1 month billing cycle. If you go over your allowance, you automatically pay for 1 GB of data at $15/GB. This simply increased your allowance for the month by 1 GB. You go over that, you add another GB for $15, etc... Once your billing cycle ends, your access to that months data expires and you start fresh on next month's allowance.

Verizon does not have roll over data which APPEARS what you are asking to get with the overage GB(s) you purchase. Verizon does not have roll over data for your regular data allowance. Not sure why you think you would get it with your overage data???

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your analogy that you used is similar to what the car rental companies do for prepaying the gas and letting you return it empty. You don't get a credit for bring back a partially full tank. I always decline the prepay on the gas especially since there is usually a place close by to fill up. Each company or service has their own policies and it is up to us as the consumer to understand them and decide if can live with that policy or move on to another company or service. As for the overage fees, each cellular carrier has a similar policy and cost structure.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Understand data usage is important, LudlowLou. We do have alerts that can be sent to you when you are getting low on data. http://vz.to/1IN4rB1 That way if you want to add more data you can and often it is less expensive than overages. We do give you every bit of data that you pay for. You can see it in MyVerizon – MyUsage – Data.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LudlowLou

"We do give you every bit of data that you pay for"

No you don't.  I got zinged for $15 for going over my monthly allotment, that got me 1GB,how much of that was used up at the time Verizon reset my account ? If there was unused portion of that 1GB that I paid for where did it go ? Is it applied to my account? No.

And what good is an email alert that tells me that I have used 90% of my allotment and then 2 hours later I get another email that tells me I have gone over my allotment ? No way did I use up that much data in 2 hours.

Try again!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps you should figure out what application is using all the data and use the usage controls on the phone to help control it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.