I have Ellipsis 8. Only had it for less than 3 weeks. Loaded Pay Pal pay here app. Worked perfectly until first of this week. Quit reading cards. Recognizes reader just won't read card.Tested reader on my phone works perfectly. HELP !!!
mrdean

I have Ellipsis 8. Only had it for less than 3 weeks. Loaded Pay Pal pay here app. Worked perfectly until first of this week. Quit reading cards. Recognizes reader just won't read card.Tested reader on my phone works perfectly. HELP !!!

0 Likes
Re: I have Ellipsis 8. Only had it for less than 3 weeks. Loaded Pay Pal pay here app. Worked perfectly until first of this week. Quit reading cards. Recognizes reader just won't read card.Tested reader on my phone works perfectly. HELP !!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrdean-

Congrats on your new tablet! I want you to have nothing but the best experience with your new device.Have you tried removing the app to re-install it again?

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I have Ellipsis 8. Only had it for less than 3 weeks. Loaded Pay Pal pay here app. Worked perfectly until first of this week. Quit reading cards. Recognizes reader just won't read card.Tested reader on my phone works perfectly. HELP !!!
mrdean

I did try removing and reinstalling the app. As a matter of fact I did it twice. The device recognizes the reader (Pay Pal) it just dosen't read the card swipe. I tried several different cards. I went into the app's test swipe and it would not read any of the cards. I placed the reader into my phone and it worked prefectly.

When I first received the tablet I installed the Pay Pal Here app and it worked fine. It didn't happen suddenly it began by miss reading and required multiple swipes just to read the cards. I would go into the test swipe and it would indicate the swipe was good. then eventually it wouldn't read / test any card. I purchased this tablet because the business I'm in I have to be mobile. I wanted the tablet because it gave me the freedom to be mobile and not tie up my phone.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mrdean,

We want to help make your business transaction run smoothly. We appreciate the troubleshooting you have completed in efforts to get it to work. Is the tablet operation system up to date? Did you download any applications since it started happening?

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mrdean

Yes I checked and it is up to date.

All other apps work fine.

The app works fine on my Galaxy S6 and my wife's Note 4. Right now we are using them to stay mobile.

The only other issue I have is the sensitivity of the touch screen . When the Pay Pal app was working signing for a change was next to impossible. The screen. Sensitivity is very slow. Noted while using stylus or finger. I went to settings to see if it could be adjusted and found nothing. Even now while typing this if I rush typing it will miss.

Love the Tablet need to get it working right.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrdean,

I am sorry to hear you are having these issues with your new tablet. We would like to dive a little deeper into this touch sensitivity issue and your Paypal app issues. I see you stated that all other apps work fine, however have you downloaded any new apps or software on your tablet around the time the issues with the screen sensitivity and issues with Paypal app started?

Also, if you go to Settings>Storage, how much Available space shows on your tablet? Do you have an SD card in your tablet?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes