Backup Assistant Plus sync overwrite Verizon Cloud?
bassnote
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello... I'm working on resolving Backup Assistant Plus problems that have resulted in multiple duplicates of contacts over time. I understand that Verizon Cloud replaced Backup Assistant (and Assistant Plus).  I have been using BAP on my phone for some time. Finally navigated to Verizon Cloud to edit my contacts and do serious cleanup.  Easier than doing so on the phone!  For the most part, changes have synced on the phone when I chose the Sync button in Verizon Cloud.  I now show about half the previous contacts on the phone.  When I check my phone settings for BAP, however, it still indicates that 700 contacts exist (instead of 350), and I am concerned that they are sitting on a different server than VC... that if I choose Sync Now in Backup Assistant Plus, it will pull the contacts sitting on BAP server and overwrite/append all the cleanup work I did on Verizon Cloud. In other words, tons of duplicates again.  What can you advise?  How do I disable and/or clean up contacts in BAP online?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup Assistant Plus sync overwrite Verizon Cloud?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bassnote!

Duplicate contacts are frustrating, especially when all you want to do is make sure you don't lose them. I can help you with this. Since you have an Android device, please follow these steps so the contacts are merged.

Access your Contacts app and tap on the menu button. From the menu, tap on “Merge accounts” and from next prompt tap on “Merge from Google”. From the next prompt, tap on “OK” and all your contacts will be merged. This will merge the accounts to get rid of duplicate contacts that were created due to multiple accounts. Give this a try and keep us posted, thank you

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Plus sync overwrite Verizon Cloud?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bassnote!

Duplicate contacts are frustrating, especially when all you want to do is make sure you don't lose them. I can help you with this. Since you have an Android device, please follow these steps so the contacts are merged.

Access your Contacts app and tap on the menu button. From the menu, tap on “Merge accounts” and from next prompt tap on “Merge from Google”. From the next prompt, tap on “OK” and all your contacts will be merged. This will merge the accounts to get rid of duplicate contacts that were created due to multiple accounts. Give this a try and keep us posted, thank you

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes