Enthusiast - Level 2

How do end this piece of junk?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Visual voice mail disable
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

The next time you get a notification pull down the notification tray and press and hold the notification. The notification should change colors and give you access to a menu. It would be a 'i' button. Once there you should be able to turn off the notification for the Visual Voice Mail.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be happy with your voicemail service Ginghy. We can help. What model device are you using? What issues are you having with the visual voicemail? As an alternative, you can call *86 from your wireless phone to access the voicemail as well.

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ginghy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung S7. I want to stop getting notices about it. Don't want it.

Annoying.

Les

On May 26, 2016 3:47 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

Try going to settings>app manager>show system apps>then go down to visual voicemail and hit disable

0 Likes
Ginghy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nice try, but it is NOT installed so it won’t show in apps. Verizon Visual Voice mail ( internal flag when not installed ) pops up whenever a voice mail is left on my phone. Asks me to sign in, but I don’t want that feature.

Les

radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

The next time you get a notification pull down the notification tray and press and hold the notification. The notification should change colors and give you access to a menu. It would be a 'i' button. Once there you should be able to turn off the notification for the Visual Voice Mail.

Ginghy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Talked with Natasha and she had me "Force Stop" on the app.  It doesn't

stay off. How can I uninstall the [removed] thing?

Les

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ginghy,

Unfortunately you may not have that ability. This is a standard pre-installed application on many Android smartphones provided to view your voice messages with ease. While you may not be able to remove the application entirely, you do have the option to not use it and dial *86 to listen to your messages. However, both methods will provide a notification on the device when a voicemail is received. If you are receiving notices about the Visual Voicemail service, you may have inadvertently accepted the Premium Trial Version. The good news is that you can unsubscribe easily by logging into your online My Verizon account. See how to get started here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-change-features-video/.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes