Any issues with phone noting a location other than where at?
bezolch

My phone location recently started to randomly bounce between my current location of Cincinnati, OH to San Leandro, CA.  Thus, my clock and Google Maps are not accurate.  Any ideas how to get phone locator to stop "bouncing" back and forth?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Any issues with phone noting a location other than where at?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bezolch,

This is concerning. We always want to make sure our phones are displaying the correct information. We encourage you to power your device off and remove the SIM card. Once you have done this please reinsert the card. Here are the steps to do so http://spr.ly/6582Bq9Ka. Keep this posted on your progress.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bezolch

I removed the SIM card as directed and left it out for around 30 minutes (just because).  Unfortunately, this did not solve the issue.  Upon the phone booting up, the time was off by 3 hours and it thought I was in California.

Next suggestion?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the right time on your device is critical to using different apps so we know the importance of having this fixed. Thanks for trying that step. I'm sorry it didn't fix your issues. Does your phone have the most current software? This is critical to keeping your phone functioning properly.

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bezolch

According to the System Update section within the settings, I have the most current software.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That’s perfect bezolch. I’m glad to learn that your phone is current and up to date with software. I am not showing that this is a known issue with this phone. Do you have your phone set up on Automatic Time Zone? If yes, what time zone is your phone showing that it is set to? Are you able to change it if it’s incorrect?

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes