Bluetooth device not recognized by new S7
larrydigital

I recently replaced by Galaxy Note 3 with an S7 Edge. The Edge has been working fine until I attempted to pair it with my Sony SRS-X11 speaker. My Note 3 connected to the device without any issues for some reason, the S7 does not recognize it. The speaker does not appear at all when I scan for nearby Bluetooth devices, despite the fact that the phone and the device are less than an inch from each other (and the speaker is in discovery mode).

The speaker is a recent purchase, less than five months from Best Buy. I don't know the manufacture date.

What am I doing wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth device not recognized by new S7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

larrydigital, bluetooth is such a great feature to take advantage of, and I want to be sure that yours is functioning as it should. When did this start happening? Do you have issues connecting your S7 Edge to any other Bluetooth devices?

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
larrydigital

Hi Mark,

I purchased the S7 Edge on 5/8/16, I have not been able to connect via Bluetooth since then. I've experienced this issue with other devices as well, such as my Logitech headphones. Both the headphones and the speaker connected with no issues to my previous phone, the Galaxy Note 3, on 5/7/16.

I've followed the instructions on the phone, under the "More" tab on the Bluetooth screen, but as I mentioned, the phone doesn't even see the devices. As with the Sony device, the headphones do not pop up when I scan for Bluetooth devices despite the S7 and the devices being only a few inches apart.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Larrydigital, thanks so much for getting back with us. From what I have read, it looks like the S7 device has connected successfully to other Bluetooth devices. If the speaker does not connect in the discovery mode to the S& phone, I would reach out to the speaker manufacturer to double check the pairing mode on the device to make sure everything is set up correctly. Please keep us posted.

VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes