Why is my screen flickering green?
Shel_B
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 that does a weird screen thing when I go to put it into sleep mode it will do a strobe flash of green that is lined horizontally before fully going dark. I thought that if I power my phone off and back on that it might fix the issue since it seems to be the answer to all, but nothing changed. I even took out my SD card and I thought I solved the issue but it came back within an hour at the longest. I even factory reset my phone but the problem got worse and now when my phone is put onto the dimmest lighting it will turn the background green and starts to strobe between dim and bright. In order to prevent this I have to keep the lighting at least half way and that doesn't always stop it. How do I get this to stop?

Re: Why is my screen flickering green?
bmoore22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. Sometimes I have to press the power button several times just to return it from black screen. It gets annoying. I don't think it did it before the lollipop update that I can remember.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having to press your power button several times to wake up your device can certainly be a hassle, bmoore22. This may be a software issue. Please run the software repair assistant. http://vz.to/1KSBuG7 Keep us posted.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STOCKTON1

I have a flashing green strip at the bottom on my screen since the 2nd day I have had it? My screen will go black except for that flashing green when I am a call trying to get to a different part to my phone. Sometimes my screen has gone black for an hour or so. But, this strobe of green has got to stop! This is an expensive phone I shouldn't have to deal with this. I have had this phone a little less then 3 months

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely understand the frustration of having issues with the screen after paying so much for your phone Stockton1. Lets get this issue resolved. Is there any damage to the phone? Do you notice the green when using a specific application or function on your phone?  Have you noticed it the entire time having the phone?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes