Re: HTC M8 for Windows poor battery life
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I don't want your battery to overheat NapaPhoneProblems. I do appreciate your trying to reset your phone. Can you tell me specifically what type of reset have you done? What has the customer service support offer you?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NapaPhoneProblems
Enthusiast - Level 2

Gosh, I don't know, this has been going on for a year, I don't remember what the reset was called or anything. I remember that it involved holding the power and volume buttons. I am on the edge program and so the customer service that I have talked to suggested that I upgrade but I just don't have the money right now - in the meantime, I would just like a phone that works!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Totally understandable, NapaPhoneProblems. I want you to have a phone that works too! The reset you described sounds like a soft reset, similar to pulling the battery out of a phone to restart. Before we look into a more drastic reset, can you please check to be sure you have the most up to date software http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/htc-one-m8-for-windows-update software to match 2061.30.30501.605? Also, please make sure that as you finish using any applications, double-tap the home key and swipe applications up to close them properly. If you have WiFi or Bluetooth turned on but are not using it, please also make sure those get turned off to help with the battery.

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NapaPhoneProblems
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the most up to date software and close applications and turn off Bluetooth/Wifi when not in use. It doesn’t seem to matter. It isn’t like a progression of loss of battery. It’s that all of a sudden, battery drains within half an hour from almost full to nothing and my phone overheats as this happens. I originally thought that it was just when I was away from wi-fi but that isn’t the case, sometimes I am sitting on the couch at home, not using it at all and it just overheats and dies.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NapaPhoneProblems,

Let’s get your HTC to chill out. We know it is important for you to have a safe and dependable phone. You can count on us to help troubleshoot.  Our next step will be to complete a factory reset on your HTC.  Prior to a factory reset it is recommended that you back up all your important information.  Are you currently using Verizon Cloud on your phone? http://vz.to/1wzL0ps

Once the back up is complete, you can then start your factory reset.  When completing the factory reset, we ask that you do no  upload your applications right away.  This will allow us to test out your battery life with more accuracy.  Click on the link for steps on how to complete the factory reset and keep us posted with your progress. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-113882/

YareliM_VZW

0 Likes
RichyFL

I also have this very same issue.  I had it with my original phone, they sent me a replacement same thing.  I put Windows 10 on the phone, it helped for awhile.

So now I am fixing to get my third phone.  I also notice Verizon is not carrying these anymore. Over on the HTC blogs the folks with the android system is having the same issue. I know the claim is some program is running.  I am thinking its more of a hardware issue since it does it with Android, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

I have liked this phone but this thing get really I mean to the point you can't hold it hot.  We did a hard reset on my phone tonight and I don't think the battery will charge I think its burned out.  Actually the battery could be the issue as well.  Its just a matter of time before one of these start a fire.

How about replacing them with the Lumia 735 as they go bad? I would be good with that.

0 Likes