Re: Free Gear S2 Watch?
Lumns84
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm still holding out I might get my S2.

Currently on vacation for 10 more days.

0 Likes
Tschneider2
Contributor - Level 1

Well, another week where we could be the chosen ones, good luck all

0 Likes
oks10
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, how'd the 2nd phone call with the attorney go?!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jburnaa We never want you to feel like you must give up when looking for assistance. Please let us know if we can be of assistance now. Please share details so we can help you.
DoloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cjpd
Contributor - Level 1

I hope to hear back tomorrow!

0 Likes
jburnaa
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm beyond looking for assistance. I'm looking for results. I've posted, I've tweeted, I've spoken on the phone with multiple customer service reps. Based on the lack of results from each approach i've made with you all, I don't think you're even capable of providing a solution....either that or you all have been instructed to NOT provide the most obvious solution which is to step in on the behalf of Samsung (and Prize Logic) and ship a Gear S2 to folks directly.

When I spoke with a customer service rep on the phone, her attempt at a solution was to call Prize Logic directly, and then she patched him into the phone conversation for a 3-way call. The end result of that was the Prize Logic rep stating that a manager would contact me in 10-days. I don't really consider that real assistance or providing a real solution. I'd already spoken to Prize Logic Customer Service and been told the exact same thing. I've yet to receive a call back from Prize Logic. I've yet to receive any sort of real assistance or a real solution from VZW.

You ask for me to share details....details are well documented throughout this post and various other posts.... i'll post them here again though:

1. VZW advertised "Get a Free Gear S2 if you purchase a Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge online"
  2. I purchased a Galaxy S7 Edge online within the required time frame of the promotion and submitted my offer request per the rules.
  3. I received email confirmation that my submission was completed successfully.
  4. I received an email from Prize Logic that my submission did not qualify because it wasn't in conformance so I would be receiving a Gear VR instead.
  5. I contacted VZW about the reply, and VZW told me to contact Samsung, and Samsung told me to Contact Prize Logic.
  6. I contacted Prize Logic and they noted that those emails were sent out in error and they they weren't correct. They reported that my submission did indeed qualify and they their records show that I was in queue to be shipped a Gear S2.
  7. I didn't receive a Gear S2, I received a Gear VR.
  8. I contacted Prize Logic again. I was told a manager would contact me. I contacted VZW again, the VZW rep contacted Prize Logic and we all were on a 3-way call together. THAT  Prize Logic rep again stated that I would be contacted by a manger.
  9. I haven't been contacted by a Prize Logic manager.
  10. I haven't been adequately assisted by VZW to resolve what should be a simple matter.
  11. I don't have a Gear S2 (or prize equivalent in value).
  12. I purchased a new phone from VZW on the premise that I would received a Gear S2 (or prize equivalent in value). VZW has my money and my business still. The Gear VR is $99 on VZW site. The Gear S2 is $349 on VZW site. VZW, Samsung & Prize Logic has shorted me $250 by my math..... 
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are greatly appreciated and I apologize for the inconvenience. Let's look into this and review your options. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cjpd
Contributor - Level 1

Dear Verizon Wireless Customer Support!  Will you please also send me a private message so I can be informed as to how to correct this most unfortunate situation as well?  You will see that I also have several posts and am also very agrivated over this situation.  I too am at wits end as to what else to do and feel that I have followed the rules and have been duped.

0 Likes
cjpd
Contributor - Level 1

I am curious if you actually received a private message from the Verizon rep?  I have nothing else I can do for now and must wait now and hope that our situation will all be clarified and rectified as soon as possible.  Something clearly has gone wrong with the online data submissions and I sure hope that Verizon, Samsung and PrizeLogic can all make this better/correct.  For now, I still am not going to open either of the VR's and hope that I can return them for the S2 as I was promised.

0 Likes
Aushoj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon customer rep! Pm me too! But go and talk to a person who can issue me a voucher for the two gear s2 watches that I can go pick up in a Verizon store in person. Feel free to upgrade the s2 to the s2 classic if I choose to activate the 3g feature.

Feel free to work out the invoicing before hand just charge it back to Samsung. Then tell Samsung your welcome for saving them a customer. Then give yourself a pat a back on saving a very loyal customer.

Oh yeah this is the only way I dont switch out to at&the the minute it become financialy viable for one of those "well buy you out of your old contract promos"

I'll hold my breath!

I submitted 3/9 and don't even have a tracking number!

0 Likes