I'm getting sick of ellipsis 10 being off every time I go to turn it on. It's only getting worse
Davidw75
Enthusiast - Level 3

What can we trade this in for or how do we fix it?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I'm getting sick of ellipsis 10 being off every time I go to turn it on. It's only getting worse
amritb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Please download the new software update as there are some related fixes for this issue.

A new software update (IR7_20C57) is now available for Ellipsis 10.  Details about fixes included in the software update are available at:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-ellipsis-10-update/

If your device didn’t get a notification indicating a software update is available, then it can be initiated via the below steps:

Go to Settings -> Scroll down and select System Updates -> Check for new system update.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I'm getting sick of ellipsis 10 being off every time I go to turn it on. It's only getting worse
Davidw75
Enthusiast - Level 3

Only shut off on its own 6 times today. Awsome

Noel_D

I have had the same problem.  I turned off PIN security and now have no security, but, the E10 does not power off like it used to.  Problem solved.

Appears to be a big in the security code.

0 Likes
Noel_D

BUG [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] auto-correct.......

0 Likes
Davidw75
Enthusiast - Level 3

No that won't fix it. I started with no screen lock and it happened, so I change to lock the screen... still happened.  I had one and exchanged for another.. still happened. They say it could be an app. No other device I have has problems with my apps so I'm guessing it's the e10, last time I was in store they didn't even have the e10 out on display, but they had the e8. That should tell u something.

Noel_D

One week with many on and off, but no power down.  I started with no security, went to pin, and then turned pin off.

0 Likes
amritb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Please download the new software update as there are some related fixes for this issue.

A new software update (IR7_20C57) is now available for Ellipsis 10.  Details about fixes included in the software update are available at:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-ellipsis-10-update/

If your device didn’t get a notification indicating a software update is available, then it can be initiated via the below steps:

Go to Settings -> Scroll down and select System Updates -> Check for new system update.

0 Likes
Dragonladysc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the updated software on my Ellipsis 10, but it's still sitting down..a lot!!! It's truly frustrating. I love my tablet other than that.

0 Likes
Dragonladysc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry...shutting down

0 Likes
Popoloj

This was happening to me. I sent it in and they told me they couldn't replicate the issue. Strangely enough, it hasn't happened since I got it back.

0 Likes