Why is Family Base Companion not compatible with LG G4?
Scrappy2806

Why is Family Base Companion not compatible with LG G4?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is Family Base Companion not compatible with LG G4?
Snn5
Legend

FamilyBase FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Which devices are compatible with the FamilyBase service?

FamilyBase works with most Verizon Wireless 4G LTE and 3G mobile devices. However, it's not compatible with:

• Android™ devices that use OS Marshmallow

Note: Devices that update to Marshmallow will lose the FamilyBase Companion app.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Scrappy2806!

I want you to be able to use Family Base with no problem. I'm showing that the G4 is definitely compatible with this feature. What kind of issues are you having? Please share some details with me.

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Scrappy2806

When I go to install the companion on my son's LG G4 it says "version is not compatible with this device", although the companion shows as an installed app on the LG however does not work.

0 Likes
underrock
Enthusiast - Level 1

My daughter's LG G4 has been on the Family Plan, but it suddenly stopped working. I received an email saying that it was no longer compatible. Could it have updated to Marshmellow version? That is listed as incompatible. This is a huge problem for me, too.

shadowwalker1425

I have 2 teen boys and just found out that there samsung s6's are not compatable too.. When 2 weeks ago they wore working just fine. The update is killing the family base plz fix the isue.  As my boys love to get there phones locked

0 Likes
ICURNmomma
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just bought 2 new G5 for my kids and was told family base would work on those. Both of their phones show the app as not compatible.

Snn5
Legend

FB is not compatible with Android 6 I believe.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ICURNmomma, keeping your children safe is crucial. Family Base is a tool just for that. While you absolutely do have a fourteen day worry free guarantee for your purchase, I would like to look at this a bit more closely. Are the phones connected to Wi-Fi when attempting to download the application? Are you downloading the Family Base or the companion app?
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

FamilyBase FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Which devices are compatible with the FamilyBase service?

FamilyBase works with most Verizon Wireless 4G LTE and 3G mobile devices. However, it's not compatible with:

• Android™ devices that use OS Marshmallow

Note: Devices that update to Marshmallow will lose the FamilyBase Companion app.
0 Likes
DarthKen

Will there be an update to the app so it is compatible with Marshmallow?

0 Likes