Can I set different tones for text & email alerts on my Droid?
Jacki15

I've have my Motorola Driod for over a month now and am very happy with it so far.  I know how to set and change my alert ringtones, but I'm wondering if there is an application or a way to set a different alert for text and emails.  I would like to  be able to differentiate a text/picture message from an email when they are received.  Is that possible?

0 Likes
Re: Can I set different tones for text & email alerts on my Droid?
hamesworth

I would recommend you read "Your Android phone and you 101" It is the bold post at the beginning of the threads.  I got this from it.  Is there a way on the Droid to set it where  you can have audible notifications ***Droid*** go off whenever you receive a TEXT message, but NOT go off when you get an e-mail?

Yes. What you'll want to do is go specifically in your e-mail (if you're using Gmail, regular e-mail should be the same as well), and press Menu>Settings>And under the Notification Settings Bar "select Ringtone". There you can change the ringtone so that it doesn't share the same one as your texts.

0 Likes
Re: Can I set different tones for text & email alerts on my Droid?
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Jacki15 wrote:

I've have my Motorola Driod for over a month now and am very happy with it so far.  I know how to set and change my alert ringtones, but I'm wondering if there is an application or a way to set a different alert for text and emails.  I would like to  be able to differentiate a text/picture message from an email when they are received.  Is that possible?

For text ringtone you can download the app called Ringo Lite. Works great. You can put a specific ringtone on text or apply a text ringtone to each contact.

0 Likes