Factory reset prob
Den123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Daughters samsung s5 was accidently factory rest now can't use because can't remember yahoo password that her phone was set up with verizon that yahoo will only send new password to her phone which she cant us

0 Likes
Re: Factory reset prob
Snn5
Legend

Yahoo, like Google and others, usually asks that you set up an alternate backup email.  Did she do this?  Contacting Yahoo in this case might allow you to have them send via email rather than text.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

accidentally reset, doesn't it take a password to complete the reset??

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I know my current and former phones only asked for a password if there was one set for the lock screen. Otherwise it just asked me if I was sure.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
  1. Turn off the Galaxy S5.
  2. Press and hold the Volume upbutton, the Home button, and the Power button at the same time until you see the Android icon.
  3. Using the Volume downselect wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Den123, I am sad to hear about your phone. Have you been able to try anything that was suggested?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes