What would the etf be for a Samsung Intensity that contract ends on 8-10-17?
ljb50
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Tried to transfer an upgrade from a basic phone to a smartphone but was unable to do it online. I called and was told that i should have been able to do it and I was very apprehensive about it but the customer Service agent said it would be fine and he would make sure it went well. He even gave me his email. So I let him make the changes. Big mistake. It put a $30 data fee on a basic phone that couldn't be removed. This customer service agent had been making it right by crediting my account every month until the last 2 months. I had to chat with others there and the last time I was told they put in the file that they will no longer credit the amount, so I am looking to severing all ties from Verizon. Can any one tell me what the etf fees will be on this phone? All other lines have the contracts up, so will be getting out. If they can't back up what their employees say, I'm done with them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What are etf fees for a Samsung Intensity that contract ends on 8-10-17?
Snn5
Legend

If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350, which will decline by $10 per month upon completion of months 7–17, by $20 per month upon completion of months 18–22, and by $60 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of your contract term.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350, which will decline by $10 per month upon completion of months 7–17, by $20 per month upon completion of months 18–22, and by $60 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of your contract term.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are looking at about $330-$340 in ETF; however you got over $200 in data fees credited that technically should not have been,as the employee was violating Verizon's own terms of service agreement by doing so. 

In August 2014 (a full year before you made this transaction) - Verizon changed the upgrade transfer rules.  "Customers who activate or upgrade to a smartphone with a 2 year agreement are required to keep a data package for the length of their agreement, regardless of the type of phone activated on the line (including basic phones)."

See Internal Document Verifies Closure Of Loophole For Legacy Unlimited Data Subscribers On Verizon | An...

0 Likes