How to temporary disconnect from Verizon internet wireless?
lynharris
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had wireless internet from Verizon several years. I live in Tucson Nov 1 to May 1 then return to no CA where I start my internet wireless service again. I own my Mifi.

Nov 7, 2015 I suspended my internet service for the winter until May 1 as I had the previous year with no problems. I called to verify disconnect Dec 14 after receiving an email. I was told "It should be off until May 1 (2016) but call again after 90 days to verify. Shakara said there was a $15/mo fee for a 3 month disconnect. Also a past due amount for Nov/Dec of $34.32. It would be returned and transferred back, I would be without billing for 90 days. The bill was brought up to date. I was transferred to a manager. He was too busy to talk to me but would return my call within 2 days. I was told all conversations were monitored, he would review to see if I had been told there would be a problem with a temporary disconnect. I asked if I should just disconnect my internet completely. He said "no, don't do it" He never returned my call, I assumed the problem was handled.

Feb 5 after 3 calls, I got Debra. She said it was suspended but not without billing. She could take payments only. She transferred me to Edwina who said, "It was no longer their policy to suspend in a 12 month calendar period. They used rolling calendar months now. I had a data ;plan for $40 plus $20 line access. Since I hadn't been told I would be charged this year (I had not been charged the previous year when I had a temporary disconnect) she gave me a credit of one month less $5.08 tax. (In a conversation last month, I found part of that adjustment covered the $15/month fee, which was fine. I paid to date again. ( I have

I'm still getting billed $60/month and haven't used the service. (I have CenturyLink in AZ)

When I spoke to Kevin last week, I was told I should have just disconnected and paid a $40 re-connection fee....which I had asked to do in December.

I paid my new balance of $130 so I wouldn't be turned over for collection..a bill for using nothing.  The next day I received another bill for $65.08 (Due by May 10) for using nothing again.

I can't afford to keep arguing with Verizon, but I can't afford to just keep paying. This could have been handled easily to start with if they'd just let me disconnect and pay a $40 fee. It seems their policy changes with every Rep I talk to.

I have no complaint about the reps. they have all been courteous.  They just don't know what's going on. It's just very tiring (and costly) to deal with Verizon.

This was turned over to the Better Business Bureau. On April 20, Frontier Communications contacted me and said they bought out Verizon's land lines. I do not have a ;problem with Frontier. I have a wireless data plan. They offered to transfer my complaint. I am hoping sooner or later this will end on the right desk and somebody can figure out how to handle it.  This could have been solved so easily if someone had just said at the beginning, "We've changed our policy since last year. Disconnect and pay a $40 re-connect fee.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to temporary disconnect from Verizon internet wireless?
lynharris
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. It seems their policy changed again since I was billed $15/month for 3 months. No wonder their Rep's don't know what's going on. If I could have just had a permanent disconnect in Dec like I asked, this wouldn't have been a problem. I don't even use them for my cell service. I can only imagine what a hassel that would be.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

First Verizon reduced suspension without billing from maximum 6 months to 3 months. Then they recently took away the ability to suspend without billing altogether. Now the best you can do is 3 months with  $10/month charge per month during suspension period. They won't grant you exceptions I am sure. As you are seeing, the other option is to cancel service every year, and then restart it with a $40 fee (same fee whether it is reconnect or new service) -- Or find another option.

0 Likes
lynharris
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. It seems their policy changed again since I was billed $15/month for 3 months. No wonder their Rep's don't know what's going on. If I could have just had a permanent disconnect in Dec like I asked, this wouldn't have been a problem. I don't even use them for my cell service. I can only imagine what a hassel that would be.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lynharris I see that Weth has provided you with some valuable information. I want you to know that we are here to assist should you have additional questions. We certainly don’t want you feeling that appropriate information is not being received.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes