$650 to switch Scam??????
mickeydazzler
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm curious just how many people have gotten caught by Verizon's terrible $650 to switch deal? I saw the commercials and thought it was a great Deal. Little did I know it would end up costing me $350 out of my own pocket to switch. Advise to anybody reading this is to stay with AT&T or Sprint or even T Mobile but stay away from Verizon.

I visited the Store in Bellevue Square Washington to be made feel like I was getting the best deal ever. I advised I wanted to trade in my iphone 6 and get a new 6s instead. While doing this I asked the Sales Rep if this would affect me getting my early termination fee with AT&T Reimbursed. He advised me that it would not and I should send my final bill in to Verizon. He even gave me the URL to where I should send it. So I left the Store happy with my new iPhone 6s. That was until I got my final Bill and submitted for reimbursement. I get a reply from Verizon advising me that the Trade in Value I got for the iPhone exceeded the value of the Trade in Value and I was not eligible for reimbursement.

I contacted Verizon Customer Service and spoke to a CS Rep to be told that they would reach out directly to the Store and have the manager of the Bellevue Square Store Reach out to me regarding this issue. - This Never Happened

I contacted Verizon Customer Service again only to be advised that I would need to speak to a member of their Switch Team as they handled all these queries.

I called the Switch Team at this point and spoke to one of the Agents there who assured me that this was starting to become a pattern and that she would escalate appropriately and have somebody contact me. The agent advised this could take up to 14 Days and the escalation would be handled as it was received. I never received a response for this escalation and no other correspondence other than I owe them money.

One month on I contact Verizon Customer Service today and speak to a representative. He advised me that I would need to speak to the Switching Team. The agent spoke to the Switching team on my behalf and came back and advised that basically it was tough and Verizon have fulfilled their Obligation.

BEWARE ANYBODY ATTEMPTING TO SWITCH. IT WILL COST YOU MONEY OUT OF POCKET. THIS DEAL IS NOT WHAT IT SEEMS. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: $650 to switch Scam??????
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want our customers to love our service. I do apologize if there was a misunderstanding or miscommunication regarding our recent offer. The information provided on our wesite detailed the specifics regarding how the items were paid and how it would be calculated.  We always want our customers on the same page in that regard.
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mickeydazzler
Enthusiast - Level 2

No this doesn't answer my question.

hworkman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did the program in December, never got my money. I submitted all paperwork and I kept getting invalids and would correct them, only to get another invalid. Each time I would chat with a rep. I've now been told i'm outside the 60 day window and nothing can be done. I'm very upset with Verizon. Especially when all I'm doing is what the rep told me to do and reassured me that I was okay. We never get out trade in value cards from trading in our phones either since that is connected to it. I'm out on close to $550 all together.

mickeydazzler
Enthusiast - Level 2

So it looks like Verizon wants us to believe that they care about us. All they really care about is our Money and as long as we keep paying them then they will continue to pull these kinds of stunts.

The most Customer Service could do for me today was tell me they would give me $20 credit toward my bill which is a joke. Sell the Handset and go back to AT&T is my preference.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mickeydazzler-

We want to clarify any concerns regarding our switch promotion in a timely manner. This promotion is handled by our Switch department who specializes in getting your submission completed. For any concerns, please reach us out at 844-408-8470 M-F 6am-11 pm and Sat-Sun from 7 am to 11 pm CT. I trust we can further review your submission to make sure it meets the qualification process to get you the credit promptly. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mickeydazzler
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why would I waste my time contacting your Switching Team to "Get you the credit Promptly" ? Verizon has been giving me the Run around since I signed up for service with you back in January. Each time I call I am promised to be called back and weeks go by without any sort of communication. All this shows is that Verizon really don't care about their customers. All they care about is getting their customers money promptly.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The $650 ppromotion offered by ATT and Verizon is designed to help you break even on the switch.  If you read the deal, it will pay you up to $650 if you owe that much on ATT Next installments, or up to $350 if you owe that in ETFs LESS the trade in value they give you for your phone. 

SO. An example:

If verizon gave you $500 credit on your phone and you owed less than that to ATT, you get $500, nothing more.  You still have to pay off ATT and you got a big credit toward your bill with Verizon.

THe only reason you can complain is of you traded in your iPhone 6 and did not get credit for the phone.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

So how much credit did you get for your trade-in phone? How much was your ETF?

As has been pointed out, that offer states you will get UP TO $650(less the value of your trade-in phone) and you MUST trade in your phone from the other provider in good working order. It is UP TO $350(but not more than the actual ETF) less the value of your trade-in phone for an ETF. It is UP TO $650(but not more than the remaining payments left on your phone) less the value of your trade-in phone for a phone purchased on payments from the other provider.

Any value you get from your trade-in phone is deducted from either the ETF or the remaining payments left on the purchase of a phone from another provider.

I have never understood why people have thought this is such a great deal. First of all, you have to front the money for the phone payoff/ETF. Second, you have to trade in your phone in good working order. Third, you most likely have to purchase a phone which will work on Verizon which is normally greater in cost than any phone you would have traded in.

mama23dogs
Legend

IT isn't a good deal.  But the point is it hits the greed part of the customer brain and they think they are getting rich.

At best, you break even.  In the case of an iPhone, it's worth more if you sell it.

Verizon and Att  offer a flat $100 for port in credits, no trade in or new phone required.  Much better idea unless your ETF is more than your phone Is worth. 

greed will get you every time folks!