Re: When is Verizon going to FINALLY release the Blackberry Priv?!? Why so long?
Tidbits
Legend

I will say what I have speculated

Due to the agreement with AT&T RIM only made the GSM versions first.  The CDMA versions are being made now for Sprint as well as Verizon.  RIM doesn't have the capacity like years past to roll out large numbers of BB's.  So when RIM makes enough numbers is when you'll start seeing Sprint and Verizon to start selling them.

0 Likes
Re: When is Verizon going to FINALLY release the Blackberry Priv?!? Why so long?
jasken
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey,

So Verizon sales reps are now confirming an online launch date of 3/3/2016 with in-store availability 3/11/2016.  Price has been confirmed to be $720 full/monthly or $249 for 2-year contract (which I thought Verizon did away with, but guess not). 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

jasken wrote:

Hey,

So Verizon sales reps are now confirming an online launch date of 3/3/2016 with in-store availability 3/11/2016.  Price has been confirmed to be $720 full/monthly or $249 for 2-year contract (which I thought Verizon did away with, but guess not).

They did, but not for those already on contract plans.  If you switch to their newer plans or switched to a DPP then you will lose the option of contracts.

0 Likes
MooseNYC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the best reply to the information.

If not for giving us the 'date' we were looking for, at least explaining the process.

Too bad Verizon, and others, wouldn't at least send out project milestone updates. I think that would keep those of us loyal fans satiated.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
0 Likes
AbstractBerry122
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was bitter sweet for me to hear Verizon was finally getting a updated Blackberry smartphone.  No Passport or Leap for any CDMA phones.  I was a loyal customer to Blackberry and they burned me many times.  From the Blackberry Tour to the Bold to the Z10, it just seem Blackberry abandon their customers.  I'm just afraid to spend $720.00 knowing how Blackberry has done me in the past.  The phone has decent reviews and am sure it's a quality phone but again I just don't know if I can trust Blackberry will support the phone within the next few years. Their track record ain't good and with this talk of focusing on software and security it keeps me way from the Priv.

mama23dogs
Legend

You aren't alone.  BB is merging Android apps in a last attempt to keep afloat.

THe Priv has reported battery problems and it's too new to tell if it's a winner or not.

0 Likes
sfgwyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is communications and hurtful to be loyal to both BlackBerry / Verizon and find out on LinkedIn that PRIV was released. I had been waiting on my upgrade as a consumer and enterprise controls for others to test and deliver. This is 2 Strikes Verizon. My phone migration was excellent, order experience flawless (no agent required), and little to complain as I'm not a Google pusher. It is sandboxed. So here is my two cents:

1. Verizon Visual Voicemail, VZ Navigator this time and no VZVM. The Z30 was VZVM and no VZ Nav, you are kidding right?

2. BlackBerry Blend, unsupported operating system. That's on you BlackBerry!

Other than this, Verizon did deliver case, kickstand, holster protection for PRIV where Z30 was a bust and confused. Maybe Vodafone is good for you and me. I feel global again, -s

0 Likes