Connect Droid to windows XP
conccowboy

Do I need a download or update to connect ? What does a green blinking lite in upper left corner mean?

0 Likes
Re: Connect Droid to windows XP
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

conccowboy wrote:

Do I need a download or update to connect ? What does a green blinking lite in upper left corner mean?

when you connect your DROID via the usb cable to your pc, you will hear "DROID"

when this happens, pull down the notification bar at the top of the screen.  then click on the"usb connected"

click "mount".  you are now officially connected to your pc and SKYNET.

before you disconnect your DROID, pull down the notfication bar again, click on "turn off usb storage" and then click "turn off".

wait a couple seconds while your DROID configures the sd card then unhook

the blinking green light is notifying you that you need to pull down the notification bar and check for a message (in this case the message would be to mount your device) but if you receive a text, it is also telling you that you have an unread text message or email

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
LOL am I the only one who caught the SKYNET connection? lol
0 Likes
imragtop
Enthusiast - Level 3

I caught that also. I have seen the reference in other post around different boards. I always get a kick out of it.

0 Likes
joanray1

Thank you.  I followed those directions and pulled down the top bar.  Now, it seems I am connected.  What can I do now?

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

joanray1 wrote:

Thank you.  I followed those directions and pulled down the top bar.  Now, it seems I am connected.  What can I do now?

you can go into your windows explorer and your droid should be listed as a drive.  from there you can drag and drop music, pics, ebooks, documents, or whatever you desire.

just remember to follow the same steps to disconnect your DROID from your pc.  the droid needs to prepare the sd card, should take at least 5 seconds

edit:  if you are going to put music on the card, i suggest syncing with your windows media player (there is an option on the media player), this way you can get all the correct album art.  i did not (but i really dont care) and now i have numerous pop/rock songs with heavy metal album art associated with them.

0 Likes