6250 VZWNMN Texts?
promptlyvanished
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a problem with getting texts (6250 VZWNMN) whenever I receive an email on my yahoo account. I have attempted removing the yahoo app and disabling the Backup Assistant service on my Motorola Droid RAZR, but even when that occurred, the texts still keep coming. I have gone online and attempted every fix that I can find, but the Verizon website is no longer organized the way that is referenced in these posts. So, how do I stop these annoying and frequent texts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 6250 VZWNMN Texts?
promptlyvanished
Enthusiast - Level 2

I checked it out, but the menu of the Verizon Wireless site has changed.  However, I phoned *611.  The kind support person guided me through a system reset of my phone and  a re-synching of my contacts.  The problem appears to be solved.  Thanks!

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unwanted text messages are never fun promptlyvanished. When did you start receiving these text messages? Did you recently switch from a basic phone to a smartphone? Have you tried removing the email account from your phone and re-set up the email?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
promptlyvanished
Enthusiast - Level 2

Six days ago, I changed from a basic phone to a Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx.  The tests started two days ago.  I suspect they started after I loaded the Yahoo Mail app, but I am not sure.  I have removed the Yahoo Mail app, which did not stop the texts, and I have reloaded the app, which did not stop the texts.

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try the various options in the older threads on this community forum that discuss the same problem. For example here is one. Receiving texts from 6250, VZWNMN ?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
promptlyvanished
Enthusiast - Level 2

I checked it out, but the menu of the Verizon Wireless site has changed.  However, I phoned *611.  The kind support person guided me through a system reset of my phone and  a re-synching of my contacts.  The problem appears to be solved.  Thanks!

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes