Re: Unable to text from my new iPad pro to a cell phone other than iPhone..?
rcschnoor
Legend

topshelf8 wrote:

I am not sure these people who have answered your question have ever had anything to do with an Apple device. Here is what you do..

On your iPhone go into >settings  >messages >text message forwarding, as long as you set your iPad pro up with the same apple account you should see your iPad listed there, turn on message forwarding. Now whenever your iPad and iPhone are on the same network you will be able to send and receive all messages right from your new iPad Pro!! I know it works when on the same wi-fi network I am just not sure if it will do the same on the cellular network.

You can be sure that at least SOME of "these people" have Apple devices. I, for example have an iPad, iPad mini, Mac and 3 iPhones. I ALSO have android/windows devices(phones/tablets/computers).

You say you are not sure if it will do the same on the "cellular network". I can say for SURE that my answer WILL do the same on the cellular network AND your other requirement that the iPad and iPhone are on the same network is also irrelevant.

I have not tried your method. I have no reason to do so as my method works just fine AND it continues to work exactly the same when I switch back/forth between android/apple devices as I frequently do. I can STILL text just fine on the iPad via my phone number when I am not using an iPhone but an android device instead(phone or tablet). I can ALSO text just fine from my Mac. I can ALSO text just fine from my Windows computer. I don't have the same flexibility with your method. My method is a universal fix. Yours may work just fine when willing to live within the constraints you have placed upon yourself.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Greatgrandma
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had iPads and iPhones ever since they came out with no problem. When I got the new iPad pro is when I had the text problem and was sure it was something simple.....but just didn't know how to do it. topshelf8 told me how to fix the problem...now my new ipad pro works just like my old one did. I thank topshelf8 for helping me with an easy fix.

Sent from my iPad

topshelf8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I was not sure when I posted the original response, but after a couple minutes of research I did find that this works exactly the same no matter which, different network your device may be connected. However there are, in this technology age many ways to do the same thing. I prefer less clutter and if I can do what I want inside of an operating system without the need to add apps that could potentially put my information or my device at risk I will surely do that. This method works for me because I am 100% Apple. I don’t have any other devices in my home, but if I did I know a method such as yours would work amazing and would make me happy as well.

0 Likes
topshelf8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also don’t feel I have placed myself within any constraints. I am a simpleton, and I am ok with that. I did switch back and forth as well between Apple and Android until Apple was able get out of that horrible contract they had with the first carrier that had exclusive rights to the iPhone. Yes, I know there are things one device can do that the other cannot, but I am able to achieve everything I need to with my device I have chosen.

0 Likes
topshelf8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would you please mark my question as the answer to your question so that others are able to find the answer quickly. Thank you for the kind words and have a blessed day.

0 Likes
Asterix21
Enthusiast - Level 2

This was the answer! Thank you so much!!!

0 Likes
Asterix21
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is incorrect

0 Likes
Asterix21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Again, incorrect

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you have the correct information. Can you please clarify what issues you are having? Please elaborate. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was there a reason why you dug up a 4 year old thread instead of responding to a more recent thread? What you claim is incorrect might have been actually correct 4 years ago. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes