People I send texts to are getting anywhere from 2-12 duplicate messages from me? Delayed texts??
JayMac2k13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whenever I send texts to people (in or out of the VZN network) they are stating they are getting duplicate texts from me. Just this morning, I texted my husband & he said he got 12 of the same message from me??

This is something I've been hearing consistently from people that are Verizon users & also those that have other cell providers: Ting, Cricket, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc. My husband is on Verizon & his texts to me are also being duplicated.

Why is this happening & what can be done to make it stop?

Luckily we have unlimited texting, so it's not a matter of being charged for these texts, but I don't want to receive duplicate messages as much as I don't want my texts to others to be duplicated.

**I have also noticed that my texts are delayed when I try to send them & once the receiver gets my texts, that aren't in the order that I sent them??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: People I send texts to are getting anywhere from 2-12 duplicate messages from me? Delayed texts??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Multiple messages can be quite frustrating JayMac2k13. When did the duplicate messages start? Are you using the stock messaging app or third party messaging application?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: People I send texts to are getting anywhere from 2-12 duplicate messages from me? Delayed texts??
JayMac2k13
Enthusiast - Level 2

We both use the stock texts, it's been several months that this has been going on actually

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JayMac2k13-

Let's get the messages going down the yellow brick road.  Messages are one of the best features of a smartphone.  Are you connected to Wi-Fi or our network when messaging?  What is the make and model of your phone?

EmmaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bigboss3rm
Contributor - Level 1

If you are using Verizon messages + it won't send over WiFi like it says it will do

0 Likes
JayMac2k13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't used the Messages+ app, just use the stock text ('Messages' in the app list)

0 Likes
JayMac2k13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sometimes i am on wifi & sometimes I'm not, it still does the same regardless.

I haven't used the Messages+ app, just use the stock text ('Messages' in the app list)

HTC One M8..Android

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JayMac2k13,

I appreciate the updates, we will get this figured out. Have you checked the message settings? Go to Apps>Tools>Tap messages>Menu>Settings>text messages (sms) and check all settings. Also ensure you are using the Default messaging app on the phone. From the HOme screen, tap Apps>Tap Settings>More from wireless and Network section> Tap Default Sms app>select messages. Power cycle after making changes and keep us posted.
DerekR_VZW

0 Likes