Why can't I dial out or receive calls?
ameliabob
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I dial a number I get the two tone showing that something has started; but no ring tone for over a minute?

I also get ringing when someone calls me but when I answer the caller does not hear anything nor do I?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can't dial out nor receive calls?
ameliabob
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went on line and followed the instructions about resetting the entire

phone. That cleared up whatever the problem was.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ameilabob,

Nobody enjoys not being able to call and not hear on their calls. I depend on my voice service on my wireless device as well. Let's get this fixed. What zip code are you in? What make and model device do you have? When did this start? Help is here.

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ameliabob
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went on line and followed the instructions about resetting the entire

phone. That cleared up whatever the problem was.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’re happy to hear your device is back up and running with audio, ameliabob. Thank you for keeping us posted, and for being a valued customer.

LynnD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NevynTheNomad

I keep wandering around this stupid website for no reason. Yay, Happy Thanksgiving. I got a voicemail from my Mom and then found that I couldn't call her back, or anybody else.
I disabled the Google Voice app and tried again. Rebooted, tried again. Went back to Voice, tried again.
I have now completely reset my phone and I still can't dial out or receive calls.
Verizon happens to be closed though so I can't talk to anybody there either. My roommate is on my account and has an identical phone and hers works so I know the account it good.
I'm glad you're not there actually, it's Thanksgiving. But this sucks. I need my phone. 😞
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NevynTheNomad,

We certainly want you to be able to enjoy calling your mom. I call my mom and family alot so I know the feeling. Let's check that out. What type of phone are you using? Did you see any errors when dialing? Since than has there been any changes or is it working now?

ShirazP_VZW

0 Likes