Internet usage thru the roof
searlest
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Internet usage is thru the roof. Started happening about 1 year ago and my usage has doubled if not triple on some occasions........... same type of daily usage...... No streaming video increase No music download increase.....I am certain no outsides are connecting to my internet. All devices set to update manually........... 20 or more hours on the Phone with Verizion and they say its on my end that I am actually using the data.  NO WAY!!!!!!  I SAY VERSION WAS CHANGED THE METHODS AND MEANS OF THE EQUIPMENT TO INCREASE USAGE!!!!!

Paying $130 a month for internet and am afraid to turn it on because it just sucks the Data.

Its a shame I am a 10 year or longer customer PAYING $400 TO $500 PER MONTH  and they are killing me on usage!!!!!!!!!!

If I could get reliable internet anywhere else I would drop them like a hot cast iron skillet.

And my favorite............ part is the automated phone call to rate their service I receive shortly after every session........That is a joke........Verizon you are too big of  a money machine to provide true customer service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Internet usage thru the roof
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Searlest,

That is quite the jump and would cause concern for me as well. Is the data just being used on the phone, through a jetpack or cantenna? Where are you streaming videos from? What type of devices are being used?

DerekRRRRR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
searlest
Enthusiast - Level 2

Look up my account read the notes from many many phone calls as stated I have wasted countless Hours trying to resolve this with NO success

It is hard to justify spending anymore time dealing with this

20 wasted HOURS NO RESOLUTION

Early on Verizon did credit my account a couple of times.

My interpretation Versions admittance of Guilt ????

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

This is a public forum.  The VWCSR can't see the notes on your account.

If you are using a Jetpack for wifi at home and using less than 50 GBS a month that would be low use for home computers.

Typical home use without streaming is 100-150 GBS a month

I have broadband now and do stream.  We have a 700 GBS cap and use close to 500 of that.

PUt a data meter on the computer so you can see usage from your end.  Turn the device off when not in use.

AS data speeds increase and more can be done with less effort, data use will increase.  Video streams in HD now, when only SD was avalable 2-3 years ago.  

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have any Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 computers? In recent months, Microsoft Windows 10 started to download automatically to machines in the background. It is a 3.5GB download (approximate rounded) per machine if this happens. Some have found this can be a huge bandwidth drain.

To stop this from occurring, a number of Windows updates have to be uninstalled and blocked. Or, Windows 10 will have to be installed. If Windows 10 is to be installed, find a location with a decent Internet connection, download the latest ISO, and do an upgrade through the ISO on each machine.

If you're using a third party router in line, see if there's reporting as to what device is eating the bandwidth. Modern Netgear and ASUS routers do this, to name a few.

0 Likes
searlest
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please review these threads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Noticed that Verizion has LOCKED THE THREAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Verizon Jetpack hotspot minute usage going through the roof, but I'm not doing anything differen...

Re: Overage on Mifi

Mifi data usage goes way up!

https://es.verizonwireless.com/sdcommunity/thread/815355?tstart=0

Anyone that doesn't believe    Verizion is abusing its power to make more money is a fool

Lastly top top off the icing on the cake I have been a 12 year or more customer paying $400 to $500 per month

WITH A UNLIMITED DATA PLAN (this is the underlying issue verizion is doing everything in their power to end all unlimited data customers including illegal activity)

So I was informed while reading message boards that I now be billed a extra $20 per month per line.

I have contacted the FCC and filed a multi subject complaint

If anyone has info on existing FCC action or class action lawsuits please friend me and send me the info

your truly a very unsatisfied customer

FYI if I had any other decent option for cell phone and internet service I would be GONE GOME GONE !

mama23dogs
Legend

searlest wrote:

My Internet usage is thru the roof. Started happening about 1 year ago and my usage has doubled if not triple on some occasions........... same type of daily usage...... No streaming video increase No music download increase.....I am certain no outsides are connecting to my internet. All devices set to update manually........... 20 or more hours on the Phone with Verizion and they say its on my end that I am actually using the data.  NO WAY!!!!!!  I SAY VERSION WAS CHANGED THE METHODS AND MEANS OF THE EQUIPMENT TO INCREASE USAGE!!!!!

....Your use may not have changed, but the quality of the product provided may have.  For example, my son streams Spotify which increased its default quality and my son ran up twic his normal data use.  Same for streaming videos.. Social internet sites changed settings to use more data. 

Paying $130 a month for internet and am afraid to turn it on because it just sucks the Data.

Its a shame I am a 10 year or longer customer PAYING $400 TO $500 PER MONTH  and they are killing me on usage!!!!!!!!!!

If I could get reliable internet anywhere else I would drop them like a hot cast iron skillet.

And my favorite............ part is the automated phone call to rate their service I receive shortly after every session........That is a joke........Verizon you are too big of  a money machine to provide true customer service.

DO you have a data meter on your computer so you know what and how much data is being used? 

Personally, I am Leary of mifi units became of the low limit and lack of metering.

0 Likes