Why are our iPhones receiving the same texts and calls?
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

I just updated my 5s and my wife's 5s. Thought the update went OK until my phone rang and hers rang from the same caller. Also, I am now receiving all of her text messages. Is there a way to fix this ?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IOS 9.1 Question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

richie72846, let's make sure that the correct phone rings. When using the same Apple ID, you can get eachother calls and messages. Let's take a look at the settings on both phones. We need to make sure that only the correct phone number is selected. Settings>Messages>Send & Receive>Select the number.

Check Facetime to make sure only the correct number is selected. Settings>Facetime>Select the correct number.

Let us know how it works.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Receiving the same calls can be a shock richie72846. Of course we can partner with you and get this resolved. May I ask do you share the same Apple ID on both iPhones? Also, do you sync with the computer using a cable or iCloud? Keep in mind that it is highly suggested that each Apple device has is own Apple ID if used by different users. As you share the details then we can assist.

ArnettH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

One Apple ID shared between us. I connect to iTunes on my computer using a usb cable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

richie72846, let's make sure that the correct phone rings. When using the same Apple ID, you can get eachother calls and messages. Let's take a look at the settings on both phones. We need to make sure that only the correct phone number is selected. Settings>Messages>Send & Receive>Select the number.

Check Facetime to make sure only the correct number is selected. Settings>Facetime>Select the correct number.

Let us know how it works.

ZangY_VZW

0 Likes
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks, that fixed it. Also, for your info. I had to go into Settings>Phone>Calls on Other Devises and select OFF.

Thanks

richie

0 Likes