Why do I see a "homescreen has stopped working" message when I unlock my device?
BHDJUSA
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I power up and unlock phone, I get a message saying that homescreen has stopped working. I can get to settings if I swipe very fast before the message comes up. I can also tap home button very fast before the message comes up and it will give me the selection of home pages. When I select my homepage, it will come up for just a second, then the message comes up and screen goes black. I have tried soft and hard reset but it has no effect on the problem.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Motorola Droid M after I unlock my phone I have no homescreen, just a message saying that homescreen has stopped working
BHDJUSA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for help. I went to Apps - All and found Homescreen, cleared catche and data. It was okay after that.

BHDJ

View solution in original post

Re: Motorola Droid M after I unlock my phone I have no homescreen, just a message saying that homescreen has stopped working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
BHDJUSA,

This is certainly not how your device should be working. Let's look further into it. How long has this been going on? Did it start before or after an changes on your phone (software updates or new apps downloaded)? You mentioned doing a soft/hard reset, would you mind clarifying what steps you took?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

BHDJUSA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for help. I went to Apps - All and found Homescreen, cleared catche and data. It was okay after that.

BHDJ