Text Status of "Success" versus "Delivered"
CMA2009

What is the difference between a text message status of "Success" versus "Delivered"?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Status of "Success" versus "Delivered"
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I get three different message statuses -

1. Message sent, and there's a green arrow - this is a message sent to someone on a carrier other than Verizon.  All the Verizon network can tell me is that it was sucessfully sent out from my phone.

2. Successfully delivered, and there's a green check mark - this indicates a message sent to another Verizon phone, and it was delivered to the other phone.  I can't tell if it was read or not, only that it was received by the other phone.

3. Message failed, and there's a red X - for whatever reason, the message was not sent from my phone or not received by the other phone, and there's sometimes an error code and explanation.

Perhaps in your case, Success means the message was sent (as to another carrier) and Delivered means it was received on another Verizon phone.  Do the messages correspnd with the symbols as I've explained them?

0 Likes
CMA2009

When I look at it from the sent inbox is shows a green arrow.  When I open the message is shows a 'sent' time and date but not the usual 'delivered' time and date.

When I select options and view message info the status shows as 'success' instead of the normal 'delivered'.  Makes me wonder if it even went through.  The recipient has not been receiving all of my messages and I was just wondering if this status has anything to do with it. 

I would think it would show as 'failed' if something was wrong with their carrier or mine.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

CMA2009 wrote:

When I look at it from the sent inbox is shows a green arrow.  When I open the message is shows a 'sent' time and date but not the usual 'delivered' time and date. - As isaid above - 1. Message sent, and there's a green arrow - this is a message sent to someone on a carrier other than Verizon.  All the Verizon network can tell me is that it was sucessfully sent out from my phone.

When I select options and view message info the status shows as 'success' instead of the normal 'delivered'.  Makes me wonder if it even went through.  The recipient has not been receiving all of my messages and I was just wondering if this status has anything to do with it. This was sent to a phone on another carrier - all your phone can tell you is that is was successfully SENT from your phone.  The OTHER network dealt with it (or not) and your phone has no way of knowing if that message was ever delivered to their phone, or if it was read once delivered.  Was this sent, by any chance, to AT&T?  There seems to be an issue with Verizon to AT & T recipients.

I would think it would show as 'failed' if something was wrong with their carrier or mine.  Only if sent to another Verizon phone - when sent to another carrier, that information is not available to you.

0 Likes