Is Lollipop available on my Nexus?
SiberianKhatru
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just (finally) acquired a new Nexus 6 direct from a Verizon store, and I see that it is on Android version 5.1 (LMY47E).  I was under the impression that this device was to be updated to Android 5.1.1 (LMY47Z), yet when I go to  Settings->About Phone->System Updates it tells me my device is up to date.  Am I to get this update or not?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Nexus 6 Lollipop 5.1.1 update?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might take a few days for your device to receive updates from Google from activation. You can also flash the 5.1.1 image from the Google Nexus firmware site for your phone, if you feel inclined to backup and wipe the phone in the process.

View solution in original post

Deaf4jesus
Enthusiast - Level 1

You should get it. Mine got it Ota a few months ago. We are supposed to be getting the 6 version soon.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might take a few days for your device to receive updates from Google from activation. You can also flash the 5.1.1 image from the Google Nexus firmware site for your phone, if you feel inclined to backup and wipe the phone in the process.

SiberianKhatru
Enthusiast - Level 1

This morning, it updated.  4 times, actually.I guess there is a few security updates after the 5.1.1 update that put me eventually on LMY48T which I believe is the latest Lollipop update.  Next stop, Marshmallow I guess.  Thanks folks!  I wish I could give out two correct answers...