Network Congestion?
avdub1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just switched to Verizon from AT&T. The area I work & live is a very popular area for businesses & residents alike. Specifically, I'm talking about areas near the intersection of Mallory Ln & Cool Springs Blvd, in Franklin, TN 37067. As you will see in the attached photo, data is virtually non-existent, even though the phone shows plenty of signal. Neither myself, or my business partners can reliably use your network in this area - ever. There are so many people and businesses in the area that I'm surprised that there is such a lack of service. I can call & text fine, but the data simply does not work.

I never, ever had this problem with AT&T or even Sprint, years ago.

How can this be resolved? Obviously, many others are having similar issues.

Thanks. IMG_0108.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Congestion?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the problem areas, please do the following and report back with what band your phone is connected to. To find this information, follow these steps:

1: Open up your Phone application

2: Dial the following number exactly as it appears. Hit the call button when done: *3001#12345#*

3: Click on "Serving Cell Info

4: Look for "Freq Band Indicator." Note down and report back with this number. You will see either "13" "4" or "2"

5: Look for "Downlink Bandwidth" and "Uplink Bandwidth." These values may be empty at first, but should populate within a minute or two (keep the screen awake). Note down the Mhz value (will be 5Mhz, 10Mhz, 15Mhz, or 20Mhz).

0 Likes