Re: Droid Turbo keeps rebooting
BRSmith
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Turbo worked fine until July...then the Lollipop update started my random updates and rebooting.  Can't stop it either.  The Verizon store had no solutions.  I think one day I counted 12 updates, all on its own, then works fine for 2 hours and does it again maybe 2-3 times.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BRSmith, thanks for posting your concerns here on the forum. We want to ensure we get the next best course of action for you so that we can get to a resolution for you. How long have you had your phone? Have you contacted Motorola about this to see if they have any other options for you as well? If not, here’s there number for an alternative to getting a working phone. 1-866-721-5480. As you have already done some key steps and if still happening in Safe Mode when tried, then Motorola would be the next step.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Texascritter
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a Joke here I am in Oct and mine now after update shuts down 6-9 times a day and takes forever to reboot (android apps updating and it counts them) then shuts its self off again. Verizon says glitch in update...REALLY??!! So what do I do for service? Nov. Will be a year n never an issue til the 1st correspondance. So who has the answer if Verizon doesnt and is asking for a new phone going to make a difference!!! I need a real answer please. Also still will not go into safe mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Texascritter,

This is definitely not the experience that we want you to have with your phone. It's important that you know that you can rely on it at all times. What happens when you try to put the phone into safe mode? If you press and hold the power button, then when the pop-up window comes up, press and hold the power off option appears, press and hold it until it asks if you want to restart it into safe mode. Please keep us posted, after putting it in safe mode and testing it out.
LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Texascritter
Enthusiast - Level 3

DEANA GEE on Aug 4, 2015

Have not done the update..... Sometimes it turns itself back on most of the times it doesnt. 2-4 times a day......It will NOT go into safe mode. It gives me the android man laying down with his chest open and a ? Mark lol

Same as it did in August, No Command is written.

0 Likes
Texascritter
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok was doin safe Mode another way, did it your way, so now what am I looking for? Thank you for reposting the correct way to do this on a Turbo

0 Likes
Markus72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issues. Ready to chuck this phone in a lake. Looks like there are alot of different threads with folks having this issue, even on subsequent devices after having them replaced. I have not seen a solution or conclusion in any threads here or anywhere else so far. I have done cache wipe and factory reset to no avail. I don't have any frivolous apps (and in fact, no different apps than what i had in the few months that the phone operated normally). Still, im running in safe mode starting now, because I don't know what else to do. I also have an intermittent glich where my phone tells me it is out of storage space, even though the 'storage' menu shows about 19 gigs free. This glitch usually goes away if I reboot, which of course takes 10 minutes because of the 'optimizing apps' issue. It is a crying shame that I have to learn more than I care to about this crap just to troubleshoot my $500 flagship phone. I'm just sick of it.

0 Likes
Texascritter
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also read alot of threads and like you said NO answer to fix this issue. Verizon store seems to just say its an update issue..... Seriously so I have a non working phone half a day due to lengthy reboots due to shut downs due to a bad update I really want a better answer. Im seeing Turbo issues on this not all verizon phones so this tells me Verizon should be offering a compensation/phone change or FIX the update. I am literally with you on chucking the phone, but then what lol

Verizon please find an answer your Technical support has None.... Your stores have None.....and its Obvious here Yall have None

0 Likes
BRSmith
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a software update last week that so far appears to have fixed this

for me. I accepted the droid update last Wednesday I think. Hope this

helps.

0 Likes
Markus72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the 'stage fright' update on Saturday. On Sunday alone it must have rebooted and 'optimized' 4 or 5 times. Today my phone and I have taken a trip back to the stone ages via 'safemode'. I will give it another day or two and report back.

0 Likes